UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since you were all so kind to me on my long wait for Pip's kittens I thought I would update you!

The kittens are 1 week old today and 4.5/5 have opened their eyes :D (4.5 because 1 is still not sure and has only properly opened one eye...)

They have grown a crazy amount! They are wee piggies, a couple of them are consistently gaining 17-20 grams a day :eek: No wonder Pip is eating us out of house and home!

We are pretty sure that the odd one out black and white kitten is male, as his 'bits' look different to all the torties and more like the pictures I have seen of males than females, though I am no expert! We are reasonably sure that he will be the one that we keep, and he will be called Mr Mistoffeleese :D

Anyway, here's some pictures! Sorry for the blurryness, they are mostly taken from a distance and zoomed in because I didn't want the flash to hurt their eyes!

(Can you guess the ones that are putting on all the weight...)

·
Registered
59 Posts
SO cute I really miss having Kittens around :sad: we have had all our cats "fixed" I used to love having them around so much .... our dog jasper would look after them and everything hope you don't mind me sharing photo's with you

think these were back in 08/09.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/216_65515750647_5478_n.jpg[/IMG

pudding was hand reared from our other cat's litter that past a few weeks after having them .
[IMG]http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/4919_205169565647_117448_n.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
they all look female to me :) they all look like tortie's so all females :) can we get a better pic of the one you think is male please as he/she in this pic looks to have some red in him also which would mean female not male, she also looks like a tortie tabby which would make her seem darker than the others :)

Sexing Kittens - tips and hints to determine the sex of your kitten or cat.

May help you :)
But for me you have 5 little cute girls

Male tortie's can been born, but rarely happen. When it does happen the male tortie is always infertile :(

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right actually, in the pictures the black and white one does look like is has some red, which is weird because it doesn't look like that in real life! I'll see if I can get a pic just now, if he(/she)'s not too wriggly!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll need to enlist the help of my OH tomorrow as the kittens are in super wriggly mode!

Maybe I will have to rethink the Mr Mistoffelees name, this pic does look a bit stripey, it must be because the light in here isn't very good that he/she looks black and white!

This was the closest I could get to a pic of his/her bits before Pip decided to meow at me to tell me that she would like her baby back thank you very much! If you can even tell that there is a kitten there then I will be very impressed but you never know! :eek:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Managed to get slightly better pics with OH's help but only slightly :p

This makes the kitten look tiny, but my boyfriend's hand is quite big

Are those pics clear enough to tell it's sex? So many times we nearly got a really clear pic, but then the kitten decided to move it's leg into the way at the last second :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.