Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten to adult food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Jluv69, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Jluv69

Jluv69 PetForums Newbie

hey guys
    We have 3 cats 1 ragdolll who’s one and 2 bsh who are nearly 6 months old.
    The problem we are Having is they are all on different food.
    Reggie (ragdoll) is on macs adult food with purizon adult dry
    Viv is on macs kitten and applaws dry
    Ron has had runny poos on and off since getting him and atm we are on a mission to try and find out what it is, since coming back from the vets and him finishing his medication, we have cut out his applaws dry and his poo is now normal so we are now wondering if we can start mixing macs adult into his applaws wet as its not complete and he obviously isn’t getting the nutrients he needs?
    So a long story short can I feed the kittens adult macs and so I have to gradually introduce it or can they just have it the ingredients literally read the same?

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Jluv69 abd welcome :)

If Ron's poos are normal (firm and formed) since you removed the dry food from his diet, then it appears he is better off on a wet food diet. At 5 months old, he will be fine on a good quality wet adult food that is suitable for all stages of development. There are plenty to choose from that are as good as Macs.

e.g. from Zooplus - Catz Finefood, Granatapet, Animonda Carny. Animonda Vom Feinsten, Wild Freedom, Crave,

Cats like a varied diet, so I would choose about 4 wet foods and rotate them, so the kittens are not eating the same food every day. This will ensure that all their nutritional needs are covered, and prevent food boredom.

It is always best for kittens to be fed a complete diet at every meal as they need all their RDA of nutrients while they are growing. My suggestion would be to discontinue feeding any Applaws wet as it is not a complete food.

You may find this pinned thread useful on the good quality foods from Zooplus:

https://www.petforums.co.uk/threads...-just-the-good-stuff-work-in-progress.440844/

Incidentally if you manage to get all 3 of your cats happily eating the same food as each other, then I shall be quite impressed. LOL ;)

3. Jluv69

Jluv69 PetForums Newbie

Thank you so much for your very fast response
    I find the whole cat/kitten food thing so confusing
    As Ronnie has always had a bit of a sensitive stomach ive been told to gradually introduce him to one food over a month?
    I have a lot of other brands in my cupboard that they have turned there Noses at most are what you mentioned I bought them after reading your thread on good food from zooplus.
    So without sounding dumb what your saying is literally give them 4 different brands of food without mixing it in what there on?
    I just worry I’m going to give him a bad stomach again since taking his dry away he has this massive appetite he never had before. ‍♀️

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice