Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Spayed and now other cat is hissing and swatting

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Avlona, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Avlona

Avlona PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

We had our younger kitten (Dusty, 5 1/2 months) spayed today and brought her home to find out older cat (Pepper, 13 months) has decided she no longer likes her...

There has been hissing, swatting and growling. They’ve been separated for most of the evening but I thought it might be the collar that was confusing Pepper so when we took it off for Dusty to eat and drink we tried letting them together again. If anything Pepper was worse.

They are separated again for the moment but I’m worried about Dusty feeling delicate and potentially getting hurt. I’m aware that I’m likely over reacting, and Pepper just needs a bit more time but they aren’t super bonded to begin with and I’m don’t want this to cause any lasting problems.

To top it off Dusty obviously hates her medical vest, hates her collar and won’t really rest event though she’s clearly feeling ropey.

Queue one anxious human.

Any advice would be very welcome.

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Don't worry it's temporary. Dusty doesn't smell like Dusty, she smells like nasty vet smells. Keep them separated for a day or two, and then do a slow introduction, by then Dusty will be smelling normal again.

I never used a vest or collar of any sort after a spay. In my experience cats don't pay much attention to the wound unless there is something wrong with it.

Babyshoes likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice