Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Recommendations Please. Wet/Dry/Complementary

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Garfield1993, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Garfield1993

Garfield1993 PetForums Newbie

Hello! I have two kittens and would love some suggestions for high meat content, high quality, grain free foods. I hope to rotate foods eventually to avoid pickiness or being scuppered if a recipe changes or is discontinued. Currently I give them both Animonda Carny Kitten and Applaws bought from Zooplus. They have had a little Wainwrights wet just because it was what they were weaned onto but I have stopped that now. They also get Cosma Snackies and Natures Menu treats. Looking for ideally 80 -100% meat options. Varying ranges of price are fine as I hope to rotate based on what's on offer etc. Looking into Bozita and Lily's Kitchen atm. Dry and wet completes and complementary foods both totally fine but please state which it is in the comment if you can. Thank you all you wonderful, knowledgeable people. Picture for tax. :) x

Attached Files:

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi @Garfield1993 - lovely kittens! :) x

IMO it is best to feed kittens only complete foods as they are growing so fast and complete foods ensure they are getting all the nutrients they need for building strong muscles. I do give my adult cats supplementary/complementary foods sometimes for a treat. :)

Some of the good quality makes of wet food for adult cats are stated by the makers as being suitable for all stages of development. In fact with many of the Kitten foods, the recipe barely differs from the adults' recipe.

In some cases there is no difference at all between the adult food and the kitten food (if you compare the ingredients and quantities of supplements added) . In those cases the description "Kitten" food is just a marketing gimmick.

Some complete wet foods I recommend from Zooplus:

Catz Finefood
    Granatapet Delicatessen
    Wild Freedom
    Macs
    Feringa Classic
    Feringa Pure Meat Menus
    Rosie's Farm
    Animonda Vom Feinsten for Kittens + the Adult recipes
    Thrive Complete

I don't feed my cats dry food, mainly (a) because of the lack of moisture in them and (b) because kibble is high in carbs and cats do not need a high carb diet for energy.. But if I did feed dry food, I'd choose a recipe that is lower in carbs than other makes and has the fewest ingredients. eg. Thrive Premium Plus Chicken.

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/dry_cat_food/thrive/adult/574356

KoolK likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice