Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten-proofing open windows

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Tig'N'Soot, May 21, 2010.

1. Tig'N'Soot

Tig'N'Soot PetForums Member

I hope someone can offer some help before we all die of heat exhaustion this summer! :eek:

We have three 12 week old kittens who will not be allowed out into the garden until at least August/September time. Today has been the hottest day so far this year and we are sitting in the house with all the windows closed for fear that one or all of them will climb up a curtain and manage to escape!

We are struggling with the heat in here and it is only May! We do have fans which we have been plugging in but we can't use our air conditioning unit as a tube needs to be poked out of a window.

So we were wondering if there is any way we could put something up at the windows so that we can open them without worrying that the kittens are going to get out. Some kind of mesh attachment or something?

Has anyone else had this problem, how did you get round it, and are there such products that we could buy which would mean fresh air in the house this summer?

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

3. Tig'N'Soot

Thanks hobbs2004. That's just the kind of thing we were looking for! :)

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

5. rhian d

rhian d PetForums Senior

Those cat flat things look like a good idea if i dont win the 'to let the cats out or not' battle with my oh i think we will need some of these. thanks for sharing hobbs2004 :thumbup:

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I use them to had them up for a yearand still going strong, altough I need some more sticky bits as flys do manage to get in the top if you arent careful, but so far so good! :)

7. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

try cataire i have been using them for about 10 years now and i think they are good

8. Tig'N'Soot

Thanks for all the posts folks. I will look into all the recommended websites for solutions to our problem. Our kittens are showing much interest in our back door which we use all the time to leave and enter the house, and seem to cling to it all the time in the vague hope that they can slip out whenever the door is open, so we cannot take any risks with windows.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice