Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Playing in Adult Cat's Litter

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by fearandlothian, Aug 23, 2013.

1. fearandlothian

fearandlothian PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

my 9week old kitten has recently been given greater run of the house under supervision. I also have a four year old adult male cat. They've been introduced and get on well.

Recently however, the kitted has discovered the adult cat's litter tray and LOVES to play in it.

I'd really love some suggestions please about how I can discourage this behaviour. I'm worried that any negative reinforcement might scare my kitten away from his own litter. Equally, I don't want my adult boy abandoning his tray either! :confused:

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

It's one of the things kittens do. My 7-week old kittens play in litter trays - their tray and their mum's tray. It's part of growing up, going where the big cats go.

Any sign of your adult boy being upset by the kitten playing? If there is another tray where the kitten can't go might be the answer.

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Fredly LOVES to play in the litter tray :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice