Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Peeing.

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by traceyf84, Jul 9, 2009.

1. traceyf84

traceyf84 PetForums Newbie

Hi, i'm new on here so pls bare with me

Had my new kitten for 4wks nearly, he's 12 wks old tomorrow .- We've had him since he was 8wks old and at first was brilliant.-no accidents, used dirt tray fine

However, this last wk or so has been a nightmare, he's pee'd on the floor upstairs, downstairs in conservatory on a ground sheet on the lino, on 2 sofa cushions & it's driving me up wall

PLs help,

2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Have you tried the " Get off spray " you can buy it from any p@h or local pet store works wonders ;)

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I'd keep him confined to a smaller area - at 12 weeks he is still very wee (no pun intended) and is possibly not ready for the large open spaces of your house without supervision. I'd also take him to the vets and check for a urinary infection. Go back to basics too, placing him on the tray after sleep, play and food. Have you changed the type of litter you use, are you keeping it clean enough, washed it out in a different detergent? All these things can make him stop using it. Is he stressed? Has something changed at home? Make sure you use a proper cat urine cleaner as well or he will keep going back to te same spot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice