Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Peeing in water bowl

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by traceyf84, Aug 16, 2009.

1. traceyf84

traceyf84 PetForums Newbie

Hi folk, need some advice

Our kitten drinks alot of water so we bought a dog bowl and filled it up with bit of water - not much as he kicks it all over the floor.

Came down this morning to find the kitten had peed in the water bowl - never ever done this before

We have a 17wk old male kitten & a 2.5 yr old female cat -never ever had problems with her so it's very very unlikely the water bowl incident is to do with her.

Any ideas?

2. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

How did you know it had peed in the water bowl? I am not convinced ;)

3. traceyf84

traceyf84 PetForums Newbie

excuse me? i came on here for advice not to be accused of lying - if u have nothing useful to say pls don't bother replyin.

He peed in the water bowl- u can see it & smell it. i ain't stupid... i know wot pee is

4. Ive never heard of this before!

Anyway if they like to drink and you want to avoid it happening again why not use one of the cat filter fountains...

I use them all the time now, its solved the problem cat who would only drink out of a tap and its stopped my persian dipping her fur into a bowl and matting, i would say its worth a try.

5. just want to add...

If your kitten is a male, at 17 weeks it would be a little early but still very possible he is spraying... is he neutered?

6. rottiesloveragdolls

calm down Tracey :confused: theres not a lot you can do but to take the water dish away and go back to using the other one for a whle he is still young and learning, or use a fountain.
    the other day i was cleaning out my 12 weeks old kittens One of my babies decided to pee in the bloody dust pan :eek: even though the litter tray was close by and cleaned out :confused: but i just laughed at him they are still learning so i wouldnt worry too much about it for now :)
    By the Way Welcome to the mad house :p

7. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Maybe he was scared and the water bowl was the closest place for him

Or is his litter tray clean?? Not saying you keep it dirty but my friend had a kitten that would not go in the litter tray unless it was cleaned everytime

8. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Is your kitten a Bengal or Bengal cross? This breed does occasionally pee in water! Weird, I know!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice