Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten packs... for moggies?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Anwen, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

Have found some lovely prospective homes for my baybees, I'm planning a little kitten pack for them to go with, but was wondering how many other moggy owners do/will do this?

I used to think it was more of a pedigree thing (although I sent the last lot off with scented blankets and owners had a list of the things the kitten was used to weeks before they got the kitten), but now I think it should be standard :D I wish my kitty had come with one, her owner couldn't get rid of her fast enough. :mad:

2. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

That's a lovely idea...wish someone had given me a kitten pack when i got mine. :D

3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

yes iv just started doing this...

food and water bowl
    litter tray, (pink or blue depending on sex of course)
    poop scoop
    litter tray liners
    Toys
    bag of catnip
    box of kitten biscuits

Letter informing date and time of birth
    detail note of feeding times etc
    Advice leaflets
    contact details of me...

4. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

My last lot went for free so I didnt give kitten packs. I did give detailed leaflets with Name, DOB, feeding times etc and my contact details.

Im planning to use my Bella as a queen when she is old enough and I will def be doing kittens packs. I intend to include:

*Food/water bowls
    *Kitten litter tray
    *bag of litter that the kitty is used to
    *Food (wet and dry, just enough for then to wean onto whatever they want to feed)
    *one or two toys
    *comfort blanket
    *Poop scoop

5. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

You can also get free pet plan insurance, just costs you a phone call :)

6. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

Free?! sounds interesting, how would I go about that, can't find anything about it on the website... :confused:
    x

7. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

oooh i wish id of got one with McGee luckily the lady who gave him to me works with me so i know his DOB and stuff ;)

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Petplan - Breeder website

I give it out aswell you dont have to have a pedigree it can be crosses & mogs to

9. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

Is Bella a moggy? Have you bred a mog before? I'd never considered it, but when I put an ad up for Pixie's littleuns I was amazed as they went like hotcakes! :D
    I know that a lot of people think breeding moggies is irresponsible, but if the demand is there and if they are well cared for and get good homes, then I don't see how it is any different to breeding pedigrees?
    Anyone have any experience of/opinions on the subject?
    Oh and thanks for that Taylorbaby! Very useful =)

10. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i personally dont think that everyone that breeds moggies are irresponsible its just the way that a lot of people go about it that i disagree with. if your cat has had all her blood tests etc and is clear and so is the tom also not letting the cat have more than 1 litter a year then putting in the time and effort to find good loving homes for the little ones, that type of breeding i am ok with but the people that allow their cats out to mate with whatever is out there and putting their girl and their kittens at risk then letting them out as soon as they stsart calling again just so they can make a few quid that is what i think is irrisponsible

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice