Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten on Cage Rest

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Duane, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Duane

Duane PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I am new to the forum and signed up to get an informal opinion from cat people other than my vet.
    My partner bought me a beautiful tonkinese kitten from a breeder who is now currently just about to turn 4 months old. The kitten settled in really well, was litter trained and has never had any accidents or general been naughty with furniture. During the day he sleeps on our bed (as he does at night too) and when we are home he is supervised downstairs in the living room / kitchen not only just to ensure he doesn't wreck the house but to prevent accidents (falling off work tips/trying to climb too high).
    One evening 3 weeks ago, I went into the kitchen whilst Loki was sleeping on the sofa (open plan) and when I came back he was limping his hind leg. I have no idea how he had done it but the vet assured me it's normal as kittens are adventurous and don't know their limits.
    Anyway upon having an X-ray we were informed Loki had fractured his leg but that would be a clean heal if h is on cage rest for 3 weeks whilst taking medication. We are currently completely up to having 4 days left until hIs next x ray and I feel he has healed but there seems to be behavioural problems that weren't there before arising. Understandably he has been cooped up and out only when we have let him have a stretch and a little scratch or even just to pet and cuddle him. His pupils grow wild and his tail grows fluffy and tense and h seems all in all quite aggressive now. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this behaviour as a result of cage rest or have any advise for the potential aftermath

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice