Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten not eating but cat milk crazy!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Smudgencoco, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Smudgencoco

Smudgencoco PetForums Newbie

We rescued a teeny kitten who I'd say was only 5-6 weeks old a couple of weeks ago. We were told she was 8 weeks, litter trained, weened. All complete lies and no mother to be seen. Felt we had to take her if she was going to have any chance of even living another week! Gave her a good check over when we got her home and she had a massive sleep. So, flea ridden, bit anaemic, not litter trained and had no idea what food and drink bowls were for!! After 24 hrs finally got her to take cat milk from a spoon and a little mushed up wet food. She ate brilliantly from then for a week and drinks lots of cat milk. Loves chicken and ham though and now will not touch her wet or dry food at all. Even if I don't offer anything else. Drinks plenty of the cat milk still and is now 8 weeks, vet checked, de-flead, wormed and full of kitty curiosity and energy. Any suggestions for the food? She is also now litter trained apart from the odd sneaky wee! She's very curious about our food but ignores her own!

2. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

I think the answer is in the title! The cat milk is filling her up creating a false sense of fullness so normal appetite for solid food is depleted.

I would cut out the cat milk completely, provide fresh water and resume her wet food. Mash it up with warm water to enhance the smell. A different flavour perhaps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice