Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten introductions

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Carole Goundry, May 22, 2020 at 6:34 PM.

1. Carole Goundry

Carole Goundry PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, I'm new here and looking for some advice. I have a lovely nearly 4 month old female kitten and will soon be getting a younger female kitten to be a companion. What is the best way to introduce them to each other? Should it be just by smell first or if under constant supervision could I just see if they get along.
    Your advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

Kittens are usually very easy to introduce. Some say to use the slow method, personally I've found with kittens that's more hindrance than help. Keep the new arrival separate at night for the first little while, but put them together during the day and supervise.

Please make sure your new arrival is a minimum of 13 weeks old, and if not neutered and vaccinated already then it needs to be done practically as soon you get them home.

3. Carole Goundry

Carole Goundry PetForums Newbie

Thank you, vaccinations are already booked. Unfortunately I can't get either of them neutered as the vets aren't doing it at the moment due to the virus but they are going to let me know as soon as routine procedures start again. Fingers crossed they are going to get on well, I'll separate at night and keep as close eye on them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice