Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten introduction question

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Natrc, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Natrc

Natrc PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, recently posted about introducing my new male kitten to my older resident female cat (she is 7 months old).

We have been following the Jackson galaxy method of introductions and are now at feeding through the door phase but no visual contact.

My question in, my two cats are regularly playing paw under the door, it's super hard to separate them when they do it, my towel method (tucking a towel into the gap under the door) has failed as the kitten has sussed out how to remove it . Do we allow them to do this (there is no growling or hissing from either parties, my kitten loves this play and gets very excited and sqeuaky) or do we stop them until we do proper introductions?

Also secondly we are keeping the kitten in my bedroom, that is his safe space, and we are getting no sleep at all. He is all over us, bites our feet and faces (anything outside of the duvet tbh), and for the past 3 nights I've had about 3 hours sleep - I cannot go on like this. Would it be bad to swap the safe rooms? My resident cat was brought up in the living room, but goes all over the house, should we keep the kitten in the bedroom or should we move the resident cat (who i know won't bother us in our sleep) up here and the kitten into the living room? Sadly no other room can be made cat safe for him so this is the only choice we have.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice