Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten going outside before Vacs??

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kezzy, Aug 5, 2009.

1. kezzy

kezzy PetForums Junior

Hi all

I have 2 kittens, Scampy who is 10 weeks and Alfie who is 8 weeks. Scampy has had her first Jab. I was wondering is it ok for them to go outside supervised. by this I mean just into the garden with me for a 10 mins or so just for a wander round as Scampy seems to want to explore the grass as she has followed me out a few times when im hanging the washing out but has only sat on the step and had a stiff about. or should I wait until they've had full vacs?? Any advice welcome?

2. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

i would wait until fully vaccineted even outside in the garden as other cats can get into the garden. I would rather be to safe than one day being sorry i hadn't waited just a couple of weeks longer

3. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

Yes I would definately wait. Like the previous reply said, you never know what other animals have been in your garden and also if there is a chance your kitten could escape, then he/she wouldn't be fully protected. I was quite suprised when I let my kittens out for the first time last year how quickly they darted off!
    Sharon
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice