Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by kateaitken07, Jul 23, 2009.

1. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

I would like to change my kittys diet over to a better one.

They currently have Whiskas Dry kitten and Felix kitten wet (they love it) but a couple of my fur babies have fart problems!!! (I thought it was only the one boy it affected.... until Bella told me otherwise this evening)

What is good to use that doesnt cost the earth and I can buy online??

2. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

Do you have a Pets at Home nearby? We have been using their own natural food, no artificial additives etc. The dry is min 50% meat the wet is min 60% I think. Its about £7 for 2kg dry and under a fiver for 12 pouches wet.
    Also recently we found Feline Fayre in ASDA on offer went down a storm to begin with (4 pouches for £1) and is 60% meat. Hi-life isn't too expensive either, I've just tried Iams (we gravy) for my kitten and my cat and so far its a winner. Under a fiver for 10 kitten or 12 cat pouches although I'm not sure of the nutrition of this as only claims min 24% chicken and min 6% pork so only 30% meat but it is free from all the carb rubbish in other brands.

3. kateaitken07

Pets at home deliver so thats a definate option!! None of my lot will eat stuff in gravy, it has to be in Jelly! Fuss pots!

I'll have a look at there natural stuff thank you :D

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Are you slowly being converted?

5. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Do you want to keep them on wet/dry? Or do you want to go complete dry or wet??

I don't have the option of pets for home!! I live in the Channel Islands! But i feed my cats the closet to natural as possible, i feed complete dry kibble.

They have had Science plan (i know not 'natural'! i am just listing them lol!) Burns, Joe&Jills, nature diet, James Wellbeloved and Applaws.

My 4 have done extremely well on JWB and Applaws. Applaws are the worlds first complete food to have 80% of meat. (please bear in mind that Applaws wet tins are not complete only complementry) It is not all that expensive either.
    I have changed mine recently due to one of girls. I would love to feed raw but it is impossible in this house lol!!!

Good luck, it is a jungle out there of commercial pet foods
    xx

6. kateaitken07

Thanks :) I want to keep using wet and dry, they like a good combo :D

Think I'll have a shop around!! I get through 8 pouches of wet food a day (was 6 a day but now the babies are wanting more!) So its costing a fair bit. And top be honest, Felix/Whiskas is actually quite pricey, I think you pay for the name!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice