Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Food

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by fishtankswimming, Jul 8, 2009.

1. fishtankswimming

fishtankswimming PetForums Member

Hi

Can anyone advise me please.

I have been feeding my kittens (now 3 months old) Royal Canin biscuits for kittens and Felix kitten wet food. Is the Felix kitten wet food any good? Also, I have just bought two pouches of Royal Canin Kitten Instinctive for them to try. It doesn't say on the pouch was percentage of meat is in these, does anyone know? Also, would this be good for them?:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help. :D

2. Cyberfyn

Cyberfyn PetForums VIP

You can start weaning them off the kitten food at around 5-6 months. If money is an issue, Try Felix As Good As It Looks or the new Tesco Luxury cat food is very good (50% meat) But still leave them dry food all the time for scooby snax.

Ian.

3. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

felix has around 4% meat content and rc will have around 60%;) hilife pouches are quite good,with around 60%meat

4. fishtankswimming

Thanks Ian.

Money is not a problem (at the moment anyways) but unfortunately, as I live in the Channel Islands, we don't have a Tescos, just the normal garden centres and pet stores:(. I am only feeding them half a pouch each in the morning and the same in the evening, but will increase that soon - just want to find the best one for them.

5. fishtankswimming

Thanks Shortbackandsides.

I'll try them on the Royal Canin and hope they like it.:)

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Hiay if you feed royal caaini biccis anyway thats a complete food so you dont even need the weat meat, so your fine giving it to them Id say, not as often as they have the biccis, but as a daily 'treat'

my cats have felix/tescos/sainsburys own/whiskas/ the only ones they dont like are...royal canin! alplaws! and the other expensive ones! :eek:ut:

7. Scratcher26

Scratcher26 PetForums Newbie

hi! don't know if you have a pets at home store but my kitten loves their kitten complete wet food. It's 49% chicken and about £5.50 for 12 pouches! :)

8. kozykatz

kozykatz PetForums VIP

i seriously doubt that RC food has 60% meat content - I seem to recall that the new Instinctive food has some sort of vegetable or grain content. Certainly not an ideal food for cats, anyway.

9. kozykatz

kozykatz PetForums VIP

Hi Life would be a much better option.

10. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

I am sure there's another thread in the health section and someone found out the % meat in RC wet foods and it was very very low. Definitely no where near 60%

11. fishtankswimming

No we don't have a Pets at Home (shame :() but it does sounds a great deal.

Oh, sounds like RC is not that good then, I'll look at the health section and see if I can find out. Ah well, will look into Hi Life and others. It's just so restricted over here .

Thanks for all your replies and help - it's been a very long time since I had kittens!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice