Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

kitten food ???

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by purrlover, Jun 28, 2009.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi ya all , I'm getting my new kitten in august ,she will be 18 weeks when we get her , I'm thinking of changing her food (gradually of course) to royal canin kitten kibble (to free feed, whenever she wants ) and I'm stuck on a wet food to introduce???? this is what i was thinking of, royal canin readily available , then a tin of applaws in the morning , then a tin of applaws at tea time, would this be ok?

my moggie Stella (shes 3) has whiskas complete biscuits(the ones with the pieces that look like cheese) readily available then shes has felix trays in the morning and evening (i have tried her on other wet food ... not much luck I'm afraid!) :( shes a bit of a fussy eater

would there be any different in the applaws , to cooking my own fish or chicken and adding rice with that??

thanks julie x

forgot to add Rosie (my new kitten ) is my 1st breeding queen xx

#1 purrlover, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Adults only need 1 large tin of applaws a day, kittens half a large tin. It will have added vitamins in it etc that your home made stuff won't. There is however a sprinkle on supplement you can use to make sure they get all their vits and taurine (v. important). I'll go look for the link now.

EDIT: http://www.feline-future.com/

#2 spid, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  3. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

thanks or the link and info spid , is that 1 large tin a 70gram tin? or can you get bigger tins ? at the moment i have looked at p@h and zooplus online they dont seem to do bigger tins?
    julie x

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

For kitten food - they only do the small tins, for adultthey also do 156g tins. I need t do some research as they say the kitten food is complete but not the adult and I don't know why - it could just be a lack of research data. I'm feeding mine the adult stuff - I don't 'do' kitten food (except dry for the small kibble size)

purrlover likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice