Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten food help please

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Megan Curran, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Megan Curran

Megan Curran PetForums Junior

My kitten Luna has had terrible problems with eating cat food! She point blank hates it despite my attempts and emptying my bank account! I finally found somthing that she will kinda eat and now she's had extreme diarrhoea, she's been to the vet twice and he suggested cooked chicken! If anything it got worse to green liquid! He's giving me royal Cain GASTRO Mouse to try and low and behold she's actually interested in it! The directions on the back ate really unclear! How much of the small can per day to you recommend for a 10week old kitten,she's 1.2 kg! Also what's the difference in the dry gastro and this mouse?

2. AstroKitties

AstroKitties PetForums Member

Your vet should really have advised how much to give.

My little Luna was prescribed this after her gastro issues. She was 13 weeks, weighed 1kg and we were told to feed 8 x 25g meals a day. It was written down for me on her discharge papers.

That seems to tie in with the feeding guide on the tin.

I recommend you phone your vet and get their advise again xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice