Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten food and adult cat food

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by amandareneejones, May 26, 2010.

1. amandareneejones

amandareneejones PetForums Newbie

I currently have two cats and I am going to get a kitten from a friend of mine who's cat just had kittens, there is just one problem. One of my adult cats has a sensitive stomach and throws up a lot to the bewliderment of me and my vet. This has been happening for a while and has gotten better since I switched to purina sensitive systems. My other adult cat eats it just fine and has had no adverse affects so it is simple enough. But now with the kitten I am going to need to get special kitten food to ensure the kitten has proper nutrients and there is no way that I am going to be able to constantly watch who is eating what and when. I am wondering if there is a specific kind of kitten food that is for sensitive systems so that if my finicky adult cat eats it, it won't make him riddiculously sick? I can't afford wet food all the time so I buy dry. My girl cat won't touch even human tuna out of the pouch, let alone cat wet food... Any suggestions?

2. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

can you post the ingredients to your purina sensitive foods?

Then those of use here with enough nutrition experience can gauge whether it owuld be suitable for your baby.

Generally kitten foods/adult foods/senior foods are just a gimmick and the ingredients vary so little between each type. They are essentially money spinners for the food manufacturers.

However without knowing what the ingredients are for the purina your using noone can say whether it would be suitable.

Your cat with the sensitive stomach... have you any idea what makes his tummy sensitive? what he reacts to? grain/chicken/lamb/rice etc etc

Weaning a fussy cat onto a high quality wet diet is not easy but it is possible.

Do you free-feed or do you have set meal times? having set meal times will allow you to monitor which cat eats what.

Hope that helps and look forward to your reply.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice