Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten eyes

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jean burton, Sep 5, 2020.

1. jean burton

jean burton PetForums Newbie

Does anyone know what could be the problem with this kittens eyes?

Attached Files:

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Hi, they just look a bit crusty. There is some dry discharge. He may have been unwell with cat flu. It might mean his mother is unvaccinated, so he may be under the weather but as it has dried, he may have now recovered.

Is he yours? He looks very young, and too young to leave his mother as his eyes are still blue.

3. jean burton

His eyes are a bit crusty but it’s not that we are worried about. It is the wierd shape in the middle of his pupils. Loki’s like it is on the lens but not like a cateract

4. jean burton

His eyes are a bit crusty but it’s not that we are worried about that. It is the wierd shape in the middle of his pupils. Looks like it is on the lens but not like a cateract.
    He belongs to my grandaughter He is 6 weeks old and is still with his mother and the rest of the litter

5. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

His eyes need to be cleaned, slightly salted warm water, and vet if it keeps up.

Pupils can look a bit odd on young kittens, if concerned then see a vet.

Hopefully your granddaughter is planning on spaying her cat.
    The kittens must stay with mum for at least 12-13 weeks and should be neutered before adoption.

6. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Do you mean the blue squiggle in both eyes? That is very odd, I have never seen that in any kitten I've had. It sort of looks like a cataract but I'd be beating a door to my vet asap to get it checked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice