Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Envy! :)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Shelley Cat Lover, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Shelley Cat Lover

Shelley Cat Lover PetForums Member

I just went along and helped my friend get his first kitty, it's a gorgeous little siamese x bsh male :)

But the trouble is I held one of his litter mates and fell in love as soon as he started purring loudly and nuzzling! The OH said 'NO' - 3 is enough! And my best gf pleading routine didn't work. I'm obviously out of practice :)

The kitten would have been a perfect playmate for Mr B and no doubt grown into a lovely cat. Oh well *sigh*

Anyone else been the victim of kitten envy recently?

2. LadyRedLainey

LadyRedLainey PetForums VIP

awww lol!, i have 2 kittens, but i would love to have more, they are so sweet!
    I would love to have a third little kitten. But i adore adult cats, but i know i can not have one really with having 2 kittens.

Thats lovely of you to help your friend pick one, sounds like a beauty to!

x

3. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

I really really want to get a fourth kitten too! The three cats I have get along so well I'd love to introduce another, but my OH won't have any of it.
    However, we have agreed that when we get another place next year we will adopt another (and maybe a puppy, if we get a place with a garden) but I really want to rescue a kitten now :(
    We volunteer at our local rescue every Sunday and seeing all the kittens just makes it worse at times! I want to take them all home with me!
    I feel your pain! :eek: The only thing that is stopping me getting another is I really want to make sure that my own 3 get all the attention I can give them!

4. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

I have this ALL the time!

Everytime I hear one of my friends or family have got a new little kitten I always seem to develop a huge need to get another one.

I have managed to resist so far (except for my new Birman who was planned ages ago) but it is very hard.

Especially as I volunteer for a cat rescue and see so many cats desperate for homes every day.

5. Shelley Cat Lover

Shelley Cat Lover PetForums Member

I was completely rational when we saw some bsh kittties, but then this little kitty appeared and that was it, I melted! :)

I know I shouldn't even entertain the idea, having 3 already, I just cant stop thinking about this flaming kitten! :( I held 3 others while I helped my friend pick his one and felt zilch, zero, nada! Sure the O/H thinks I've gone bonkers :)

Oh well, I guess that gorgeous little kitty will be the one that got away :) I hope he goes to a great home... hmm, wonder if my friend would get 2 of them... :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice