Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Diarrhoea

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by flora696, Jan 8, 2012.

1. flora696

flora696 PetForums Member

Hi, I have 2 kittens aged 12 weeks. The male has had soft stools for about a week but has been fine in himself and food wise. Last Wednesday he started scooting accross the floor so I wormed them both with Panacur. The next day there were worms in his poo in the litter tray. I continued with Panacur for the 3 days as recommended. The past 2 days he has been leaking on the floor at random times and this morning i found bright red blood in the litter tray. He has been unable to keep any food inside him, leaking all over the floor after eating. They are both being treated for sticky eyes which they've had since i got them 2 weeks ago with cream from the vet. I am taking him to the vet on Tuesday but would you advise I ring emergency vets today? Should I stop all food? Thanks for your advice.

2. Pheebs

Pheebs PetForums Member

I would phone the vet if I was you. If he is leaking, he will be getting dehydrated which could be dangerous in a young kitten. The blood is a worry too.

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

What did the vet say.I hope your kitten is feeling better.These symptoms need to be sorted ASAP as any kitten with diarrhoea and vomiting can so easily become dehydrated.Please let us know how he is.

4. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Bright red blood is a worry. I'd ring your vet if I was you. i know they're not teeny weeny any more, but they still go downhill so fast. Mine had the runs when they were 14 weeks, and although I had things to treat on hand, I still had the vet down here almost every day. You just can't take chances.

5. flora696

flora696 PetForums Member

Hi, Thanks for your advice and concern, the vet gave them both an antibiotic injection and i've got some paste to give them 3 times a day to help the diarrhoea. He thinks they may have picked up something from another cat at the rescue centre and it's just showing now. They seem a bit better already.
    Thanks again

6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Thanks for the update,hope your kittens are back to full health soon :D.It is such a worry when our furbabes are not feeling 100%.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice