Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten / Birds

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Domoniques, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Domoniques

Domoniques PetForums Senior

Hi
    The woman next door who has a big bird table tells me my 2 kittens are getting the birds , kittens are 5 months old have bells on there collars , my question is would they at their age be quick enough to get them , do I need bigger bells lol , there is no blood on the kittens I call them home every 1/2 hour.

2. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Hmmm, bit of a strange one. I think they would be quick enough, my Pepper is 5 months old and damn quick when playing!
    But if they have bells on, unless the birds are deaf/completely stupid, they would surely fly away?
    Has your neighbour witnessed with their own eyes? Of are they pressuming? Or maybe she just sees them try and is exaggerating?

3. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

this sounds like another case of a jealous neighbour. you cud try those collars that alert the birds ive seen them at p@h

4. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

MMMMmmm i agree ..

5. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

My youngest five cats all have bells on their collars and sadly do catch birds - and lots of other things too:( Both my neighbours have bird tables and get upset when my cats kill their feathered friends and I can totally understand their feelings. I hate that aspect of my furballs.

If any are injured, rather than dead, I take them to my local wild life rescue centre and they can usually treat them.

I sometimes think I should put cow bells on my cats so they are nice and loud - and weigh the cats down so they can't pounce so easily (only joking!)

6. Domoniques

Domoniques PetForums Senior

I will look for slightly bigger bells then lol but as the kittens are very very light colored even around the face surely there would be some tale tale signs

7. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I really dislike bells on cats, poor things must be so annoying for them.

Its natural for them to want to chase & hunt.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice