Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten behaviour after spay surgery

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by HazzaGrazza, Feb 5, 2021.

1. HazzaGrazza

HazzaGrazza PetForums Junior

I just picked our 6 month old kitten up from the vet after her spay surgery. She has a recovery suit instead of a cone and I know she's still under the effects of the anesthetic, but just want to check her behaviours are normal.

She's currently crawling around everywhere, as if she can't stand up properly, meowing a fair bit and even growling (not at us, just in general). Is this normal? I'm almost in tears, it's horrible to see her like this.

UPDATE

Nola is doing much better after a little while at home. She's walking normal again now, eating and used the litter box.

#1 HazzaGrazza, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Very pleased to hear Nola is feeling happier. I expect it was the recovery suit that caused the crawling. Cats who have never worn a walking jacket, harness or recovery suit before, often behave like this at first, until they get used to it.

Hopefully she won't need to wear it for long anyway, a day or two maybe.

3. HazzaGrazza

HazzaGrazza PetForums Junior

Thanks chillminx. I think you were right and it was the suit. She seems to have got used to it now.

She's now back to her old self trying jump up everywhere and play. It's impossible to stop them isn't it lol

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice