Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Advice???!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by mandandruby, Jul 12, 2009.

1. mandandruby

mandandruby PetForums Junior

My cat had kitten 2 weeks ago. the kittens are feeding well and growing more everyday!!

Mummy cat leaves them more and more but always goes back to sleep with them, and to feed and clean them so im not worried in that sense.. but when do i need to start doing stuff?? like feeding them etc?

Thanks x

2. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hiya...ok well sounds like the mum is doing an excellent job, so good on her..roughly around 4 weeks is the time to introduce kitten food, but dont worry if they dont take to it at first...

After their food, put them in the litter tray, by then they will be able to follow mum around, yes even too the litter tray!
    so will hopefully learn from her....

3. mandandruby

mandandruby PetForums Junior

Thanks very much.. i thought it was about 4 weeks but i wasnt %100 sure! They are all growing and doing well!

How long should they stay with mum until they go to their new homes? x

4. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

If they are moggies, then id say 8 weeks is about right, by then they should all be litter trained and weaned...
    some go at 7 weeks, but i wouldnt go any less than that to be honest, iv heard some do but its way too young...

:smilewinkgrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice