Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Advice Please

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Pendod1, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Pendod1

Pendod1 PetForums Newbie

I need some advice please. We have a 12 month old kitten we got her when she was 8 weeks old the vet said it was prob too soon for her to leave the mother but the lady we bought her from said she was ready and it being our first time with a kitten we didn’t know. After she was vaccinated, microchipped and spayed we allowed her in the back garden and have a cat flap and she comes and goes and doesn’t move from the garden. She doesn’t stay out long just enough to stretch her legs and have a little play. But the past few days she’s been watching the cat over the road from the front window and she’s scratching the window like she is trying to escape to get out in the front. The road has cars up and down it all day it’s not a main road but still pretty busy. Is it cruel to keep her just in the garden? Or should I allow her in the front as it seems to be what she wants to do but I am terrified of anything bad happening to her. I have noticed she’s playing up a lot more of a night time also and I was wondering if this is the reason. I don’t want her to be unhappy but want to keep her safe at the same time. Any advice would be a great help. Thank you

2. pennycat

pennycat PetForums Senior

I definitely wouldn’t let her out the front with the cars!

Summercat, buffie and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Pendod1

Pendod1 PetForums Newbie

No I won’t thank you. The garden is a safe place for her and I am sure she’s happy enough with that. I just felt bad when she sees the other cats in the street. I guess I could get another cat keep her company.

white_shadow and pennycat like this.
  4. pennycat

pennycat PetForums Senior

She maybe wants to chase them off her territory? I’m sure somebody else here will be better at advising what to do in that case :)

Lunarags likes this.
  5. Pendod1

Pendod1 PetForums Newbie

I never thought of it like that your prob right haha thank you

6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I would definitely not advise letting her anywhere near the front of your house infact I would suggest that if you havnt already done so , I would cat proof your back garden so that she cant get out.
    If she were to decide to leave your back garden it wouldn't take much for her to find her way out on to that road.

Summercat and pennycat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice