Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitchen cleaners

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catzz, May 30, 2010.

1. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

I need to ask a question about kitchen cleaners. WHat is a cat safe commercial cleaner, particularly for floors. I know people say use vinegar but I'd really rather not as I can't stand the smell. I can't keep the cats off the floor because that's where all their stuff is and the new kitten licks everything including the kitchen floor! I really do not want to make her sick. I've been using just hot water for the week or so since we got the new cats but the floor really needs a good clean now :)

PS I'm finally managing to get some reasonable pictures of Gypsy and Kiera now so I'll put some up soon - they're adorable :)

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

bi carb soda mixed in water is a good one :)

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i dont really know i use a little bleach in loads of water but always shout the cats out untel it finched and dry i had never done them any harm but if i was you i would shout the cats out when you do the floor

4. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

Propack Hygiene do good cleaners, I use their 'Parvofresh' product. They aren't the cheapest but are petsafe and go a long way... smell great too and coped well with our diabetic lab before we lost her, she was incontinent if left for more than an hour or two towards the end so we needed a tough cleaner.

Propack Hygiene - Disinfectants

5. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

6. carolmanycats

carolmanycats PetForums VIP

I use a mixture I found on a "natural" site on the internet - lemon juice - fresh and squeezed from the actual lemon - bi-carb and white vinegar in water. As it is quite diluited you don't smell the vinegar but it does have a lemony smell and all 3 ingrediants are good natural cleansers and disinfectants and safe.

7. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

White vinegar diluted :)

8. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

I have a steam mop/cleaner that is pet safe as it kills germs and sanitises with just steam/water so no harmful chemicals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice