Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kira's lucky to be alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, Jun 8, 2010.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

SHE JUMPED FROM OUR BEDROOM WINDOW!!! :scared:

which is 1st floor :eek:

For those who dont know, we house share, so Kira is left in our bedroom when we have to leave her, and she can no longer be crated, so she has full run of the room...

Tonight I had BMX club with Kyle while Rick was at work, so I had a big tidy up, put all valuables in drawers, turned of Draco's (the beardie) lights so he went to sleep, otherwise he runs about and becomes a tasty temptation :rolleyes: , filled her treat ball, left a bowl of food and water, and all toys on the bed....

Window upen (sash windows) with her crate in front of it.....

I met Rick from work on the way home and I went out the back to bring my bmx in, and as I opened the back door Kira jumped on me!!!! :scared:

Went in to ask Dave and Jen (housemates) if they had let Kira out and they said no they'd only just got home themselves...

There was a 30cm gap between the edge of the crate and the window.... SHE'D JUMPED OUT!!!!

We checked her over, no broken bones, no blood... theres not a mark on her!!!!

Theroetically she should be dead!! Or at least have broken a leg!!!

Im nearly in tears just thinking about what could have happened... :frown:

And there was me worried about her having a reaction to her boosters which she had this afternoon...

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Omg give her a cuddle from me then tell her how cross I am with her for being so silly:mad:. Has your heart rate gone back to normal yet?

3. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Bloody Hell Kira, You crazy loon. Damn huskies :lol: thank god she's ok though, I met a red sibe a few years back that threw himself through a glass window and came unscathed he decided he wanted to go for a car ride with his dad :scared: When they say sibes are escape artists, they mean it :lol:

4. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

super doggie! glad shes okay! remember that nothing bad happened to her, learn a lesson and move on :eek: i have a habit of dwelling on stuff like that with a 'what if' kinda thought.

Give her a cuddle from me xx

5. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Havent quite calmed down yet.... :eek:

First think I done was give her a cuddle and then proceed to prod, squeeze and pull her about :lol:

How she got through the gap I dont know...

6. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

How scary for you. So glad to hear she is fine. :eek6: :)

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Don't leave the window open again :eek: Glad she's ok x

Sky tried to jump off a wall on the side of a mountain walk path ... think it was about 70-100 feet :eek6: I've no idea what got into her but luckily she jumped down when I told her. Leah84 and rachy86xx were there, we couldn't believe it!

8. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

What is with these dumb ass mutts eh?? :rolleyes:

Shes fine, but the windows only gunna be left open a tiny bit now (our room gets rather hot unfortunately) and the crates been opened up and put all the way across now :lol:

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

No idea :eek:

How about using a standing fan?

10. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I'll see if we can find a cheap one... but tbh she'd just see it as a new chew toy :rolleyes: and it'll only blow hot air around

the crate is now jammed into place with the freezer... yes we have a freezer in our tiny bedroom :rolleyes:

11. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Maybe it would be fairer and safer to leave her have the run of the house if the others are out at work or know what she is/isn't allowed to do etc??

12. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

They wont let her... She can be a bit chewy and they have dogs too, and when they play it gets out of hand and things get broken...

We are planning on gettin outta here soon... then she will have run of the house, or at least downstairs... I dont like having to leave her in the bedroom :frown:

13. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Ah I see. Sounds like you are doing your best for her in a hard situation then.

14. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

holy god that is one crazy puppy. i'mn glad she's ok, a georgous looking animal

15. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

lol thanks... gorgeous but dumb as f**k :lol:

OH thinks shes crossed with a flying squirrel :lol:

16. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

suppppeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr dooooooooog!!!

17. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

OMG silly Kira. Can you not put some bars or meshing over the window so that you can leave the window open for her but she can't get out?

Amber nearly did the same thing the other day she jumped the baby gate out of the kitchen and ran upstairs into Ben's room. She jumped over his telly and into his window fortunately the window was shut.

18. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

She is very lucky..

The staffie we had did this.... All because when we moved in we had a 4' fence and then the neighbour used to encourage her to jump over and give her a treat, Then the dog seen her in the garden and jumped out the upstairs window.. I was livid, this went on her encouraging my dog then I got a 6' fence and she could get over that.... And then started hopping over the back fence onto the field.... And there was a motorway there, in the end I had to only let her out into a 7' run we built.. It was a bloody nightmare.. And all because of a stupid neighbour. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hope your doggie isn't feeling bruised today.... Naughty doggie.. xxx

19. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Her crates covering the whole of the window now (the part which can open), and cant be pushed or pulled cus of the freezer now :thumbup:

Bet your glad the window was shut, a whippet might not have been as lucky as kira :scared:

Rick thinks her fur helps lool, she landed and just puffed up :lol:

20. oveione

oveione PetForums VIP

silly girl glad shes ok:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice