Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kira's first dog show :) Tips??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, May 12, 2010.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Kira will be entering her 1st show on Sunday :) Theres a dog day happening at a local park and there's gunna be all sorts going on, including a fun dog show, im gunna save a few quid and enter her into some classes :D

Any tips to help her get some ribbons?? :lol:

2. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I go to them all the time, they are addictivly fun.

-Bath's help, I wash collars and leads too.

-Stay calm and try not to be concerned about anything whether you win or loose

-Sometimes they prefer it if the dog stands, even if it is just for fun so treats work a treat for keeping a stand. Unlike Maya who prefers to sleep I have to keep pulling her back up :lol:

-Have fun and Take photo's :thumbup:

Good luck :) Maya always win's Best rescue.

3. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I will give her a bath saturday night :) n a good brush before we leave, always makes her lovely and soft :thumbup:

Not really bothered with winning, would be nice to win but tbh i think she'll just love the attention :D

4. hobo99

hobo99 PetForums VIP

I went and entered my first ever dog show with Hobo last year , i was very nervous , but once there i really enjoyed and i think Hobo did as well .
    The most important thing to remember is what i was told that what ever happens you know you will be "bringing the BEST dog home" .
    Lots of good luck wishes and have fun.:)

5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Just have fun. There is absolutely no pressure at companion shows. Everyone is in the same boat. Just give yourself plenty of time so you're not rushing about. Oh and take a rug for her to lie on or you will be stressing about her getting grass stains on her freshly washed white coat :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice