Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

kingsnake

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by Eolabeo, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

hehehe noones posted under the snake threads ( wonder why ) ? lol
    anyways i have a ball python, he is 3 years old and a brilliant pet, ive had him about 6 months now.
    i also have a albino cali kingsnake female who ive had for about 3 years now and to tell the truth she has got abit umm not quite sure how to put this but shes got abit mental lol, when i say mental i mean she just dives out her viv like a mad thing thats broke for freedom, she was always a quite thing but its just lately shes started to do this, shes never bitten me as of yet ( fingers crossed ) so was wondering if any1 else has a kingsnake that has maybe done a simalar thing?.
    the only thing i really h8 about my kingsnake is the fact she always poops on us when we get her out and it smells like cats pee :-( other then that and the jumping out the viv lately shes always been a good pet.

2. DiamondDust

DiamondDust PetForums Junior

Don't suppose on the off chance she's looking for a mate??? having a season maybe? i know NOTHING about snakes but i could tell you most things about bengal cats :) x

3. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

hehehe i wish i had a bengal to discuss lol.

she is at that age i think to be able to breed, shes 4 years old.
    i know everything about keeping em but as for breeding them and the sort of behaivier shes doing atm i have no clue.

4. Magik

Magik Guest

I have a corn snake - not quite a python but the stange thing is, it cant stand me!!! I have no idea why? If I go to pick it up it shakes it's tail then strikes me. I have two daughters aged 5 and 7 who handle the snake with no problem!!! I must give out bad vibes...lol

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

:rolleyes: i wander why it hates you, :rolleyes:

6. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

my python is great, its the kingsnake thats gone demented lately lol.

lol ahhh the dreaded tail shakes, my daughter just picks it right up no probs but me, i take one look at that tail rattle and thats enough for me lol yet my daughter dont care when the tail rattles, shes right in there picking it up, im like..wtf woman.

ill hold the python all day long but that kingsnake... no way haha.

seriously as i said be4 tho, it hasnt never bitten its just gone mad by jumping out the viv lol and when i say jump, it springs clean out and its fast.

7. colliemerles

i have never held a snake, i see one in next doors garden ,but i run , i dont think i could handle one, i know they look kinda slimey but im told that actually there not, still, i think i would want to keep my distance,:):)

8. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

lol, they really aint that bad.

believe me if u see my daughters old boa constrictor then u would wanna run.

it was blooming massive and still had quite a few more feet to grow.

females can reach upto 14 feet in lenth, it says they reach something like 10 feet but thats bull, they can reach alot more and the worse thing is, my daughters was female so i made her find it another home in the end and get a ball python lol.

9. Magik

Magik Guest

My snake's massive!!!

10. colliemerles

hmmmmmm,, just trying to picture your snake,:rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

o'er missus
    :rolleyes:
    :eek:

12. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

i would love a reptile of any sort, a snake or lazard of somesort, the problem is i couldnt feed it insects and mice etc. do you really have to do that? dont fancy defrosting them on my draining board either :(

13. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

You could get the live bait instead, much more entertaining...

Isn't someone on here trying to give away stick insects :eek::eek:

lmao
    :D

14. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

ee ooh!!:eek::eek::eek:

15. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

roflmao :D.

im a big fan of all animals and dont agree on live bait feeding but u really do get used to defrosting a mice or chick out, the thing is, i always tent to look at the poor souls lil faces once ive defrosted em lol, makes me sad :(, if we had to feed live bait then my snakes would have to go, i couldnt do it so thank god they banned live feeds in england.

16. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Hmm didnt know it was banned, i've only ever kept Akita's so i wouldnt have a clue lol...
    :)

17. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

yep, far as i know u can't feed live food to the snake's, like rodents rabbits chickens ect, they must feed on defrost.

u can feed the live insect sort to the lizards ect tho so them stick insects might come in handy yet lol.

18. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

:eek::eek: lol...
    :D

19. carol

carol PetForums VIP

was thinking about getting a snake, well my daughter wants one, i did ask her few years back why dont we?
    but she came back with dont like snake's but now she wants one
    wish she would make up her mind but she's stuck ive changed my mind hehehe

20. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

lol.
    best snake you could get for kids is a ball python, they say corn snakes and kingsnakes make great first time snakes but judging from the day we got our kingsnake it just dont stop moving when we get it out, where as the ball python is alot slower and 9 out of 10 times just sits there :D
    well ours does anyhow .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice