Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kinda Morbid

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I was just thinking tonight that in the future I would like to have a corn snake or some type of reptile but was just thinking if I ever do get around to having one I know they can live some pretty long life spans.

If I ever get a snake and say something happened to me (cross fingers and touch wood nothing does) I srsly dont know who would take care of it. I mean my mom has sworn shell take the cats she said shed never let them go into rescue. But my mom is scared of snakes and I couldnt trust my brother. So the only person I could think of would be a cousin of mine who has had snakes in the past and currently has one.

So Im completly stumped as to who I would trust future pets too, my mom could only do so much . My brother and dad arent really pet liking people.

2. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Inconvenient though it is, death is a fact of life. If we all thought about dying on the morrow I’m sure we’d never actually achieve anything.
    Why spend all your days worrying about the end of them
    You should live your life today and if death calls on you tomorrow…………………………….

Don’t die with the regret you never had a life.

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

yeah agree with Zaros :D this is your life today at this minute so enjoy it mate :)

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I agree - life is for living :)

How about contacting a reptile rescue, and bequeathing the animals to them in the event of your death with an amount of money towards rehoming them and the other animals they have.

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I agree with them. I'm sure there are reptile rescues or people in your area who would take it in if the worst happened

6. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

You wouldn't out live a corn snake - they live up to around 20 years.
    Or a beardie as they generally live around 10 years.

If you were to look at it the other way, I am sure a member of your family would sort out a new home for it.

7. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Im not worried or anything (sorry if it seemed like that). I was talking to my mom about an aunt of mine who passed away late last year due to cancer because now my gran has cancer again ( cancer just seems to love us :rolleyes: ) and that my aunt took care of my cousins snake because my cousin was travelling and when my aunt passed away I was wondering how my uncle(her husband) took care of it because hes not an animal person.

This is what happens when your dead tired and no good tv shows on.

Ill admit I probably havent had a life in the past 8 months due to depression but Im getting the upper hand on that.

Im gonna enjoy a hot fudge brownie in chocolate sauce mhmmmm :p

Thats a good idea thanks :)

I was thinking along the life spans of a turtle or a tortoise :eek: Im sure my mom would sort something out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice