Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kind to your Keyboard?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MoggyBaby, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Are you kind to your keyboard when you type? Do you have a nice light touch that gently kisses the keys as you write your missives here on PF?

Or do you batter the cr@p out of it and treat it as though it is your worst enemy? Do you hit the keys so hard it sounds like a thousand woodpeckers have taken up residence in your home or office?

I ask the question because the IWC is currently thumping her keyboard as though she is kneeding a lump of dough. :rolleyes:

I feel like asking her if she would like a hammer but I fear she is managing perfectly well without one.............. :001_unsure:

BTW - I kiss my keyboard with a feather-like touch. ;)

2. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

My laptop is knackered, so I have to batter the keys. But on my desktop, I'm pretty quiet.

How old is your IWC? Is she an old fuddy duddy, or young whippersnapper?

3. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I know she learnt to type on an old heavy typewriter but surely after using a pc for the best part of 15yrs she'd have realised there is no need to thump the keys.

She's already had two replacements............!!! :eek:

4. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

i am very gentle with my keys, mother used to say it sounded like a mouse skitting across the desk when i typed :lol:

5. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Some times I don'thit the keys hard enough so I have words with letters missing. I always have to reread whet I have typed to make sure it makes sense. I often miss mistakes though

6. CharleyRogan

I never replace my keyboard... ever.

Does every little thing about her wind you up? I do love hearing stories about the IWC!

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

After 10 years 'together'? Yup, just about everything sends me orbital. From the second she comes into the office in the morning until I leave to go home in the evening.

I LURVE coming to work when she is on holiday!!!! :D :D

8. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Mines light

The one thing which drives me mad tho is:

Your typing what you want to type but someone has snook in to the office in the middle of the night and moved all the keys around. :eek: this is normal on a monday morning, or when your fingers are cold :)

I think the most funniest though is when you've accidently hit the wrong key (two certain ones together) and the screen rotates :lol:

9. skip

skip PetForums VIP

Oooo I treat my keyboard with love and woe betide anyone that came along and abused any of my toys :eek:

10. CharleyRogan

Thats bad you only enjoy it 4 weeks of the year!! Saying that, I enjoy work when my IWC is on holiday :)

Does she know you don't like her?

Surely she is going to retire soon, or is she one of those who will work till they're 90?

11. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I don't have a 'rotating screen' but I do work in Accounts and have to type the word 'account' a LOT!!!!!

There has been more than one occasion where I have accidentally missed out the 'o'................... :eek: :eek: :D

12. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Is she a keyboard basher all the time MrsMoggy or just occasionally? If only occasionally could be you have irritated her very much today and shes having a rant on her 60+ forum :ihih: :D

Count yourself lucky you only have one IWC - have 11 :eek:

took my ages to type that as just had a new computer and my old keyboard is no longer compatible so had to have a new one so typed it all wrong - its very tappy as well so I don't like it :001_unsure:

13. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I get 5 weeks without her - very enjoyable!!!! :D

I try to hide my irritation but I think some days I'm not very good at it. It's not that I actually 'dislike' her - she is just VERY VERY irritating and after 10 yrs my patience has finally shrivelled up and died!! :(

She should have retired this year but the law was changed about 5 - 6 yrs ago and now she has to hang on until she is 62 & 4mths. And I have to grit my teeth and grin & bear it. :rolleyes:

14. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Moi???? Irritate her????? Sweet, little, charming me????? :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Wash yer gob out woman for thinking such a thing!!!!! :prrr:

She doesn't have Open Access to the internet - that would mean signing a form which is TOO much hassle :rolleyes: (I rest my case!!!!) - so she is not on any forum!!!! Although, if there is an IWC forum I may direct her to it!!! :devil:

And your typed post, on your new keyboard was very very nice & neat. :D

15. Calinyx

Calinyx PetForums VIP

I'm a gentle typer....unless it's a stroppy reply to something, then my hubby notices the speed and tempo change. He'll say 'strop-a-gram time is it?':prrr:

16. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

I am a gentle typer - but definitely a phone slammer :eek:

17. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I am a touch typer - so very quick and light -:D:D:D Plus I have a keyboard that is "soft touch" anyway - as I am typing all day so its nice and easy on my fingers :D:D - im the only one who has this though in our office because I do most of the correspondence :dita:

One of my colleagues practically hammers her keyboard :rolleyes::rolleyes: drives me nuts but I tend to just zone her out as much as possible - I have a head set on for answering calls so its pretty easy to cut people out!!:ihih::ihih:

18. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

I trained as a shorthand typist so yes I use a light touch. When I started work I had to relearn to use a teleprinter keyboard and would be rapped on the knuckles with a ruler by the boss if he saw me using the teleprinter keyboard as I would a typrwriter one.

19. Depends on my mood lol

20. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

oi I learnt to type at school on an old heavy typewriter, but I aint 60 :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice