Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Killed by a bible

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Waterlily, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

2. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

:eek: :eek: the poor child :(

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

:( that is so sad.

rip baby girl

What goes through these peoples heads? surely even with bi-polar you wouldnt want to kill someone, i just dont understand it, but i suppose its not something anyone could understand unless they have been there.

4. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

It's wierd how some cases get such wide media coverage and some barely get a mention, a 6 month old baby was killed by it's mother in my village a few months ago. It was awful, the father turned up at the doctors surgery carrying the baby trying to get help, several people i know witnessed it :(

The mother was clearly mentally unstable apparently the 41-year-old was "profoundly mentally disordered and suffering from religious delusions at the time".

Health visitor AND community phsychiatric nurse both visited on the day the baby died, papers reported

When they arrived, they found her husband David Lovemore, 39, downstairs praying for his wife, and their older child was sitting on the stairs.

The 41-year-old and Faith were not seen by the visitors, who left to call for more help because they were disturbed by Mr Lovemore's behaviour, the court heard.

Prosecutor John Farmer said: "Unfortunately, neither of them sought to see the defendant and the best interpretation of events is that by then Faith was dead or dying because there would be no other reason why the husband of the defendant was so intensely engaged in prayer."

The couple were religious fantatics and neither were mentally stable, they had an older child who was also brought in the doctors surgery doused in surgical spirit, they were on the at risk register but apparently social services did not clearly understand the workings of phsychotic episodes and mistook alot of things for their religious fanatiscism, probably too scared to question it because of all the legislation about people rights to practice their own religion, therefore little understanding of mental disorders added to a fundamental lack of knowledge with regards different cultural and religious backgrounds and this was the result, very tragic.

The court case just ended and the mother has been detained for life.

5. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Why are these people allowed to keep the children,,, it really pisses me off, (its nothing to do with the bible by the way,,,, ) if they knew there was a real danger the child/children should have been taken,, again a terrible failing on people who where there to protect:mad:

6. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

:frown2:
    So very sad, poor little mite:(

7. slbrown2108

slbrown2108 PetForums Senior

i cant believe this happened what a tragic way for the baby to die. God only knows wot pain and suffering she went through. At least now she is away from this horrible unstable family. Just wish it was on a better note .

RIP LITTLE FAITH

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Yet another failure in the system.:( No way should children have been left with 2 mentally unstable parents. Were social services just crossing their fingers that both parents didnt have a psychotic break at the same time??:mad:

9. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

It beggars belief really :frown: Just shows the lack of understanding and training in the area. Even a Phsyc Nurse walked away and left the kids there while they went to get help because they were concerned about the fathers behaviour :frown:

I suppose though they are taught to protect themselves first and foremost and they probably felt totally out of their depth.

Strange how it didn't make bigger news though isn't it when you consider how widely reported some things are yet this barely gets a national mention.

10. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Poor Child :(:(:( so sad and it makes me so angry that yet again the system has failed another innocent child! - all they will say is investigations underway and lessons have been learnt!!! :mad::mad: but obviously they havent!! because it keeps happening!!!

11. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

It keeps happening repeatedly over here too :mad:

12. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Yep - it breaks my heart :(

13. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Feel so angry and sad all at the same time, poor little mite.

14. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

15. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

16. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

well, iv only just found it so nerr!

17. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

lol shows how much i come in general chat hehe!

18. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

:eek: has it been merged or do I need sleep :scared: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

yeah it has hehehehe

thank jebus, iv just been tryna find a way to delete it!

20. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw haha it doesnt matter heaps of threads are the same topic mate :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice