Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kiitens Paw

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by boobundy, Apr 28, 2011.

1. boobundy

boobundy PetForums Newbie

Hi ive got a 4 month old kitten,and noticed today that her front paw is swollen..as shes been outside today,would she have been stung by something? thank you

2. Jayne31

Jayne31 PetForums VIP

Hi

It's possible she could have been stung, is she limping/allowing you to touch it or holding it up?

I'd ring your vet's out of hours, phone advice is free, and see what they say. Think a trip to the vets would be advisable though.

3. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Kittens Do love to chase wasps and bees! Mitzy presented me with a fat paw last summer when she was a similar age....she was not limping or showing any other signs of illness. It had completely gone away on it's own by the next day.;)

4. carmelauk

carmelauk PetForums Junior

Fat paw! I had a cat years ago who was always coming in with a paw twice the size! Always getting stung he was, used to make me laugh he was so mischevious. Like paddy said it should go away the next day, if it does not take him to the vets. :001_smile:

5. Smamfar

Smamfar PetForums Junior

Our youngest cat is terrible for getting stung.

The first time we rang our vets obviously worried by a kitten coming in with 'club foot'. Their advice was as long as there is no difficulty in breathing there wasn't much to worry about and just to treat it at home. We were advised to try to cool it down with ice.

Not the easiest thing with a kitten but our's was remarkably co-operative. I think she just felt sorry for herself and loved the added attention.

It will go down on it's own though, so don't worry just keep a closer eye on her. Hopefully she will learn and not mess with stripey flying things again ;)

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I just wanted to add that 4 month old kittens shouldnt be allowed outside, they shouldnt go out until about 10-12months and once neutered! :)

Hope his paws ok!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice