Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kids swearing!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cockerpoo lover, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Just dropped hubby off as he's gone fishing so on way home just popped into Asda for a quick mooch around the clothes.

A woman with a 3-4 yr old was browsing and this boy started pulling at his mums clothes saying "come on come on " and then he shouted " come on you ba****d " !!!:eek::eek::eek:

She didn't even flinch, tell him off or nothing but did as he asked and moved on!!!

Isn't that terrible :nono:

2. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

:mad:
    It is terrible....
    I was out shopping earlier and a kid was spitting in a shop, from the 1st floor on to the ground floor, he was about 5 :(

3. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Absolutely disgusting but it doesn't surprise me anymore!!

Kids these days have no manners, respect and i hear it all too often when i am out and about. :mad::mad:

4. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

It is awful! Though my son (4yo) calls me names...sausage and peacock lol....NO idea why on the last one!! But he doesn't know about swearing...though he did learn OMG...from staff at nursery...well i and my family are religious so that is NOT what I want him shouting. But I told him no and he doesn't say it now. So it's not too hard with a well bought up kid. When they get older I know it is harder. xx

5. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Many do, very much depends on their upbringing :)

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I washed my son's mouth out with soap at the age of about 5 when he used that word to me. He might not have known what it meant and was just using something he'd heard (not around home that's for certain) for the shock value but I won't tolerate swearing from children.
    As for spitting, kids see footballers and other sportsmen doing it all the time so of course they think it's fine :nonod:

7. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

What i mean by that statement is you would not of heard children talk like that in the 70's or 80's, i certainly would never even think about swearing when i was younger, my parents brought me up well!! :D:D:D

8. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

That is disgusting! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I certainly wouldnt allow my children to use such foul language or tell me what to do. what ever happened to kids being kids?? I have seen some hurrendous children about but if you look at how their parents are around them there is no surprise why they are how they are! :rolleyes::

My hubbys cousin and her daughter are good examples of this!! His cousin goes around swearing and telling her daughter to hit people and swear at people and thinks its funny :mad: then she goes and gets the child diagnosed with aspergers.... :blink:

9. Cockerpoo lover

euwwwww

and I bet the parent/s did nothing or just ignored him? :mad:

10. Cockerpoo lover

Oh how disgusting is that! what lessons are they teaching that child :mad:

It only takes the child to pick on the wrong person and there would be uproar :rolleyes:

11. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

My oldest is 14 & I still don't allow swearing from him or any of our children, it just sounds so nasty coming from children & there's no need for it

12. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

It is horrible, her daughter tried telling me to "f*** off and die" when they came to visit last year (not my choice), i gave her a right telling off and to respect my house and rules and she didnt do it again after that!

The thing is her parents think everything she does is hilarious :mad:

13. HannahKate

HannahKate PetForums Senior

I'm 25 and I'm still not allowed to swear in front of my parents. The odd one slips out every now and again but there's really no need for swearing. It's just never been tolerated and I don't ever remember pushing the rules.

14. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

I went upstairs, was going to find the parent and let them know - said kid was being carried downstairs by a scowling-faced woman... and he spat again!! :eek:
    Next thing they're running riot round a carpet shop!

15. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

What an awful example for parents that poor child has :mad:

16. Cockerpoo lover

Right many many years ago when I was in retail and when I was working on the kids section, we used to get really fed up of the naughty kids running about or playing on escalators etc...

Anyway one of the staff ( an older lady) had a naughty trick.

When we tidying up the clothes sometimes kids would be in the middle and cause clothes to fall etc...
    We used to tell them to come away but sometimes they never listened.

So she used to tidy the rails and accidentally ( cough cough ;);)) get some of the kids hair and pull it with the clothes hangers as she was tidying the rails.:D:D

The soon got out and didn't do it again.

She was always so apologetic too :D

17. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I second that! where i live the kids language is vile, they swear at their parents and eachother and the behaviour is terrible and the parenting leaves alot to be desired!
    If my child swore at me in the street or anywhere for that matter no matter what age they were i would be pulling their pants down and tanning their backsides!

18. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Absolutely agree hun. :D

19. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I agree with the OP that this type of behaviour is shocking!

Children are little mirrors of their environment. Whatever behaviour they have is learned from their parents, their peers and also from TV. How many children watch soaps which, for some strange reason, are on before the watershed? They see all the scheming, shouting, fighting and violence that goes on in them and they think that's how you're supposed to behave. In many cases this is backed up by their parent's behaviour who are living their own 'soap opera' lives.

Under the age of 10 I don't think you can hold a child responsible for their behaviour as the are too young to truly understand the concept of right and wrong or be forward thinking enough to grasp the consequences of their actions. I blame the parents. There are no bad children, like there are no bad dogs, only poor care givers.

20. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Horrible isnt it? The kids are terrible round here, were waiting for a new fence and the kids use our front garden as a play ground so i told them to get off today and the lads sister stood right infront of the window pulling faces and mouthing off.... shes 8 but i could have slapper her face for her! I would have never done anything so disrespectful when i was younger. But imo they shouldbt be bloody out without an adult watching them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice