Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kids parties

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leah84, May 7, 2010.

1. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

They're so expensive!!! I've just booked everything for brody's and the lounge is costing £20 then the entertainer is £120 on top of that :eek: I've got all the other things still to buy like invites, party bags/loot, cake, plates etc not to mention food!!!

Any suggestions of things I could make? I'm useless when it comes to kids parties lol

2. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

O my goodness £120 for an entertainer? Gosh :eek:

How about a fancy dress and traditional kids games.... work out far cheaper //hun....

Or am I being really old fashioned here :lol::lol:

3. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

food wise go for cheap crisps, biscuits, sausage rolls, sausages, cold pizza small sandwiches, little cakes. remember half what you put out will e,nd up trodden into the floor or thrown away :lol:

4. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

How long have you got your entertainer for and what kind of entertainer is it?

I take my animals to childrens parties and charge £85 (Or £60 on a weekday)

5. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

I know I was shocked at the price. They do a magic show, food break, party games, disco and balloon animals over a 2 hour time period so I guess it's worth it in the sense I can focus on everything else plus a dj would be expensive anyway I think

ohhh thanks for the tips, I'll be off to Iceland next week an filling my oh's moms freezer up lol trying to buy so much per week as we're taking her an a friend out the next day so will need loads of money for that. I reckon this will be a one off though as it's not cheap!

6. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

Rice krispie cakes....... always go down well, cheap to make to.
    Have you got any Easter eggs left over? melt them down instead of buy chocolate.

or........

I did this at my son's party.........

Buy a Happy Meal from Maccy D's for each child, that covers your drinks, food and toy.

I ordered over the phone and got someone to drive and collect/bring back to the party.

Easy peasy :D I got a couple of extra cheapy party bag toys, ballons and stuck a slice of cake in each happy meal box

but ask maccy d's to leave the boxes/toys seperate so they don't get greasy, they put the chips, burgers, nuggets, etc seperate and gave me the 12 boxes fresh and clean

no need for plates, cups, etc.....

grap a load of napkins and sauces at maccy d's

#6 Lucylewis0, May 7, 2010
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
  7. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Well for 2 hours then, it's not a bad price - still expensive but that's the going rate.
    If you have them for 2 hours, I wouldn't bother with anything else, most parties only last this long anyway.
    Kids don't really mind what they eat - sandwiches crisps etc.
    Print invitations of on your own computer and you can buy cheap paper bags off ebay for loot bags and fill with stuff from the pound shop

8. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Have you got Mad Jay doing the entertainment?

9. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

I think mcds would cost a fortune considering she's invited around 30 people lol

we still have all the Easter eggs, not a big fan of chocolate lol

10. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

You will be surprised, it will prob work out cheaper... £2.20 per meal.....
    so thats drinks, food, toy..... dont need to buy plates, cups, napkins, straws..

So £66.00....... say plus £10 extra toys to put the boxes

It's the only time the kids will be quite, lol

11. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

Nah haven't heard of him, we've hired loopy lews. It's her first bday in Wales an her first ever party so she's excited to say the least

12. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

£120 is cheap for around here!

Is there a theme to the party?

boy/girl ages etc

I'm doing a joint harry potter themed party for my two this yr.

Were having
    *a wizard entertainer
    * griffindor themed partywear
    * hogwarts flag banner thing from ebay for over the door of the hall
    * home printed invitations like the hogwarts letters (found template on net), sealed with clear H monogrammed stickers (again ebay)
    * Harry potter themed sweet bags in place of party bags. (jellybeans = bertie botts every flavour beans, chocolate mice, jelly snakes, etc)
    * picture cake with a themed manipulated pic done for me from enhance-me online
    * optional fancy dress for all the kids invited

I'll be sticking to normal party food, crisps, sarnies, fairy cakes, sausage rolls, grapes, strawberries etc.

I found by buying in advance (after christmas for all the burgundy and gold partywear), and in bulk (sweets by the jar) ive saved loads so far. I'll do the food by hand too including the fairy cakes etc as this keeps the pennies down. I have to seriously budget, which is why i am taking advantage of my children being young and born in the same month to combine parties. I couldnt do anything so big if i had to pay for 2 entertainers and 2 sets of hall rental etc.

Hope this helps x

edited to say the entertainer is filling the room with bubbles when they arrive, provides all the party games and all the balloons for them to take home!

13. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Have a look in your local Pound shop too, they do cakes and bic's cheap and packs of crisps. Asda's do pop 3 for £1. Everyone have mentioned the rest of the good stuff :thumbup:

14. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

go to places like quality save and buy loads of cheap party packs .... balloons ect ect ... its amazing what you save in there for food and party stuff .... only things they dont selll is things like sausage rolls and bread

15. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

I've just picked up some stuff from asda. We got 12 testube bubbles, 12 creepy crawly bugs, 12 princess wands and 50 balloons for £6 so that wasn't too bad. I'll wait to find out how many are coming before buying more :)

16. xxwelshcrazyxx

what about 30 black bin bags...........one each so they can clean their own mess up. Good idea yeah.:thumbup:

17. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol: What a fab idea :lol: :lol:

18. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

Haha I'd love to see the look on their faces :lol: my oh can do the cleaning since I'll be doing everthing else.....like that's gonna happen lol

19. xxwelshcrazyxx

Yeah right, I've yet to see a man clear up after a kiddies party lololol:lol:

20. xxwelshcrazyxx

The last game of the night, give them a black bin bag and tell them there will be a present for the one who collects the most rubbish........lololol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice