Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kids of today!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JJAK, Jun 1, 2010.

1. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

I swear im a grumpy old woman stuck in a young womans body!!

Iv just had the delights of dealing with druggies whilst walking my dogs, oh the joys, they couldnt of been any older than 13 max!! Eyes popping, sweat pouring off them, chewing their faces off.

Makes you wonder what some of the parents of nowdays are teaching their kids

Clearly these were taught:
    The best types of parks are car parks,
    Grass is something you smoke
    Birds are something you sh*g!!

And to top it off, they insisted on winding the collie up...bad move mr chav meister...Soon learnt his lesson when i had to put her on the lead cause she made him cry...all she did was bark at him!!

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

They should all be rounded up and thrown in military style rehab camps for a couple of years. Some orders barked by a sergeant every morning wouldn't do any harm... :ihih:

Seriously though, many kids these days are lost causes, the same goes for the parents.

3. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

I totally agree, im only 19 but i see alot of kids 13-17 say with no form of direction, no qualifications, no hobbies, no rules, boundarys or limitations....

shame really...to think in 20/30 years they are going to be the 'adults' of the world...a friend of mine has always said the next generation will be the countries downfall

4. madferrit*

madferrit* PetForums Senior

dunno im pretty certain our generation are the downfall after all kids can only do what the parents allow them!! its a sorry state and terrifying for a parent of 2 boys :(

5. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

I am often heard saying "I weep for the future of this country" And I have children!!!lol
    It annoys me that there are manyof us doing are damndest to bring decent human beings up and then you get the ones who really have not got a clue!! I could go on but I don't want to take over the thread:D

6. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Bring back the birch I say:mad:

7. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Feel free, after all, we can talk about anything and everything in here :)

I completely understand where your coming from, i dont have any children (i dont really like them, im scared of them haha!) but it annoys me when theres parents doing everything in their power to keep their children on the right tracks whilst others are letting their children run riot. Sadly though its all too much of a familiar story now days....you hear more about the bad, eg the 10 yr old rapests, 15 year olds stabbing each other.

You never hear about the 12 year olds that are already doing their Alevels or any of the good stuff. More credit should be given to those parents doing their damndest for their children, teaching them the 'right' rules of the world and what is correct in society!

8. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

Well ok then I have been having some bother with.....12 year old girls!!!!:eek: I have been reporting incidences to the police etc and I had one of the parents at my door lat week. She kept trying to bait me into a slanging match and I don't do them. Basically she wasn't interested in resolving the situation and just kept saying that must have a problem with her daughter. She resorted to threats in the end as she couldn't get her own way.
    This woman is 51 and this is her 4th child, so you can't blame the attitude on youth or lack of experience. So it doesn't always go on younger parents.
    She also tried to attack my parenting skills and way my girls ar. I know they are not perfect, as who is? But they would not disrespect another adult like her daughter was.

9. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

And all as a result of society which is now part of 'Broken Britain'. Founded upon 13 years of a useless government, yobs and over-extensive human rights; where criminals and offenders can use every last loophole to obtain a soft sentence.

The UK has become the land of the lawless... :rolleyes:

#9 Chillinator, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  10. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

These are what the country needs more of. It's sad isn't it, to think that such people are in short-supply...

11. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

It is a sorry state of affairs - a friend of mine only posted tonight on FB how her 13 year old son was 'set upon' by a gang of kids tonight not far from their house. He was held down and 2 old kids (about 14) came at him with a deodrant can and a lighter :eek: This whilst another punched him in the face...:mad:

So many sad tales of today's 'youth' and no where near enough tales (especially in the press) of when today's youth are achieving lots. :rolleyes:

12. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Gosh, weve had it all this year too, my OH's sister got charged for ABH for punching a girl at school who had bullied and threatened her for the past year....the girl who started all the bullying got off scot free. My OHs sister was only sticking up for herself, shed tried the 'talk it through' and 'ignore' it methods but it seems the other girl was not taught how to resolve an arguement verbally.

Also when walking our dogs the other day along a river bank a dalmation came bounding up, my OH took the dog back to its owner, they let it go and it did it again (bearing in mind our collie is not good with other dogs running at her!!) so he took it back, a 10 year old kid kicked crap out of the poor dog, then it got loose and ran at us again, so OH took it back again....by this time we were nearly 400yards from where the dalmation owner was and each time OH took it back it got a beating...it did it once more, OH took it back and asked them to put it on a lead because if it was to bite our dog (as it was running aggressivly towards us!)hed have to take action.....well the woman went MENTAL calling him everything from a freak to a pig when he said the dog looked agressive she started swearing infront of her 3 kids (between 2 and 10!) then OH swore at her and she was doing the 'dong f-ing swear infront of my kids, they dont need to hear that f-ing language' i just stood there and went 'your a great rolemodel' she stormed off in a huff haha!

13. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

This is unfortunately the society we live in. When I was 12 or any age I wouldn't of dared to even speak in the wrong tone to an adult for fear of a clip round the ear.
    And that womans kids are going to grow up thinking that is the way situations are resolved and so it begins again with the next generation when they have kids.

14. madferrit*

madferrit* PetForums Senior

such a shame as i meet so many nice kids too through my own children, its usually the adults that are nutjobs so many parents love to have screaming matches with you over their kids falling out with yours but i never get involved and usually they calm down and admit they are being silly.
    My neighbour called my kids ba$*ards for throwing a snow ball and it hitting their house(by accident) then threatened them and hit my hubby and kicked the dog. We called the police but cos my hubby PUSHED him away from the dog he is classed as starting the fight so there was nothing we could do unless they arrested my hubby as well. The female officer was awful-she asked me what could I do to improve the situation so i said unfortuneatly theres nothing that can be done as we've tried ignoring them, avoiding them reasoning and remaining clam but it doesnt work.
    She then said i was being negative!! so i calmly replied "not negative just realistic" some people you cant reason with - especially my ar*e hole neighbour :D

Cazza1974 likes this.
  15. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Ahh yes, a perfect example of a 21st century parent in this run-down dump we call the UK; spurred on by drink, crack and a congenital brain disorder... :rolleyes:

16. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

I agree. Good post!:thumbup: Rep coming your way

JJAK likes this.
  17. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

I think its cos all boundries have dissapeared, Today it seems like if a kid is out of order, its made to look as though society is responsible for that kids problems, instead of making the kid responsible for his actions. I admit there are kids that do have genuine problems that society is responsible for, and have been let down, but take for example a friends daughter who thinks its cool to get into trouble at school has more or less been given a choice of other schools to try to see where she's suited, until she's made to realise what she has done is wrong and be punished, she isn't gunna give a **** what she does, it all costs valuble rescources, which could be spent on good kids who want to do well

18. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

I agree. My kids have boundaries and I have also brought them up to respect others and the law. A lot of the parents that live around here have an attitude of out of sight out of mind. Why the hell do they have kids in the first place then?:mad:
    Sorry I forgot.......money!!!

19. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

I agree...

However, the reason as to why kids are out of control is because boundaries aren't being set by the parents. It's just being set in motion in a viscious circle. Kids aren't born with problems, the problems are taught by the world around them. Once discipline has been flushed down the toilet of society, adults start fighting a losing battle to get it back.

20. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Its a change in parenting methods now aswell, when i was younger if id done wrong, id have to sort it out, or id be given chores, have my luxurys taken off me etc, nowdays if i kid messes up its a slap and a screaming match....

my mum used to just look at me and i knew i was in the s**t, i wouldnt dare get into trouble because i knew as soon as id done it their would be some form of come back, almost seems as if some childrens nowdays dont have enough respect for their parents even if the boundarys are trying to be put in place!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice