Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kids attack 'ugly' dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ty-bo, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

:mad: just read this on Yahoo news :mad:

Youths attack ugly dog prize winner

One of Britain's ugliest dogs is recovering after he was attacked by a gang of youths who pulled out his only clump of hair, his owner said.
    Youths attack ugly dog prize winner Mugly, who was named Britain's Ugliest Dog by a national newspaper in 2005, was set on by a gang of teenagers after he went missing from his home in Peterborough, Cambs.

The five-year-old Shitzu-Chinese Crested cross was rescued by a passer-by who saved him from the teenagers who were punching and kicking him in a nearby park.

"They even pulled out his clump of hair," said owner Bev Nicholson, 46. "It was the only hair he had."

She said: "Mugly leapt out of the lounge window last Thursday. He must have seen someone outside because he is a real 'people dog'.

"We searched high and low for hours and put posters up around the neighbourhood. I was convinced he had ended up under a car.

"About five hours after he went missing I got a phone call from a lady saying, 'I think I found your dog in a park, but don't get too excited because I had to pry him away from five 11-15-year-olds who were kicking him, punching him and hitting him with a stick'."

Mrs Nicholson said she took Mugly to the vets where he was treated for bruises and a couple of sores.

She added: "Mugly's bruises are really coming out now. He is a little jumpy but in the circumstances he is doing really well.

"People might say he is ugly but when you spend a minute with him you think he's gorgeous because of his personality."

#1 Ty-bo, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

thats horrible :(

3. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Stupid F**king kids!!!!!!!

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

omg!! what a load of tw*ts..why are these kids getting away with these types of things! :mad: happening more and more and not just on dogs..yet nothing is ever done...makes me sick..the evil b*stards.

PS- as soon as i saw it was the "ugly dog" i just knew it would be a crestie or a crestie cross! :(:(

#4 DevilDogz, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
  5. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

I think people like this actually deserve there teeth kicking down there throat, no joke !

The law is a joke now-a-days, the youts get away with farrrrr to much.

6. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

thats horrible - poor dog!!!!

things like that really make my blood boil!!!! :cursing:

7. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Would you like to visit me and help me with the local yobs here, who think it's funny to call my dog's name over & over in a squeaky "come chase me!" voice every time I take him out, with the result he gets so frustrated he tries to bite me to let him go? (I wouldn't let him off, they are usually over the other side of the road and have also threatened to stab him). Police are as much use as a chocolate teapot & told me to take the dog out at 6am.

I don't know why teenagers get off on animal cruelty, but they are definitely getting worse. :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

8. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

I know, it made me so mad when I read it, especially looking at the little guys face-he looks so sweet.

Kids these days get away with so much :mad: (well its not just the kids is it) I mean, what the hell are these kids parents teaching them???

We only live a short way from Peterborough and I wish it was me that found the little b******s so I could have pulled out out all their hair and given them a good kicking :cursing:

God, just thinking about it now is p*****g me off :cursing:

9. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

I agree its a f*ckin joke, it really is. Makes me so angry, some thug could stap for dog for no reason, but if you even slap him you get charged, and he gets away with nothin !

10. crazycrest

crazycrest PetForums VIP

I would happily be charged with battering these evil thugs :cursing:

11. r_neupert

r_neupert PetForums Senior

12. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

It is disgusting! I really don't understand how anyone can do that to an animal. :mad:

If I ever found out any of my kids had done that (not that they would) I would soon teach them to never do it again!!

13. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

to unbelievable for words :mad:

here is a pic of Mugly,

Attached Files:

14. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

well bullying is bullying wether dog or person typical of todays mentality lots of kids bought up with no bounderies so pick on anything weaker:mad:

15. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

16. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

GRRRR :mad:
    LEt me at 'em.
    I don't undertsand how people think they have the right and that its fun to do this :cursing:

17. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Good on that person for stepping in and saving Mugly.

Sadly, youngsters behaving like this give a bad name to all teenagers :(

18. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

put the bas.....d kids down evil little shits

19. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

what makes me so mad is just what have the parents taught these children ?
    wheres the respect for animals and your elders like I was taught by my parents ... id no more dream of hurting an animal than I would an elderly person , but more and more you read of attacks on both

its disgusting :mad: :cursing:

Poor dog , I hope he's ok after his ordeal

20. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

I think he's really cute bless him. Id happily do time giving the evil thugs that did that to him a good hiding. It is beyond me how some people can be so sick. :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice