Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kidney Disease/ Prevention

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Tara30, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Tara30

Tara30 PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    Is there anyboby out there feeding there dogs with Hills kd, Prescription Diet? Recently Tara my 7 year old Yorkie died of Kidney Failure; I have another Yorkie Penny who is 10 I did not want Penny to have the same problems, so I did some research and found that Yorkshire Terriers, along with other breeds of dogs are prone to Kidney Disease, After more research I discovered Hills Prescription Diet k/d Canine (kidney defence); it is a complete dietetic pet food for the support of renal function in cases of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency in dogs. it has a low level of phosphorus and a restricted level of protein of high quality, I disovered this product to late for Tara, but Penny has been on it for about 4 months now, she loves it, she has become more alert, her eyes are brighter, Her hair used to fall out whilst bathing it does'nt now, her hair has become thicker and shinier, and there are no more slimy horrible poos, just, you'll know what I mean Lovely Poos outdoors. Both of the dogs where fed on Eukanuba dried food from being puppies with a little lean chicken, I would really reccomend this Hills product .:)

Regards Dog Health Essentials to End the Anxiety of Dog Care

2. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

Hills is a verygood dog food i used te sensitive type when my puppy was poorly. It is highly recommened from me to :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice