kibble dispenser that isn't a ball

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks and Games' started by photosynthesize, Jan 30, 2017.

1. photosynthesize

photosynthesize PetForums Junior

Hello...
    looking for recommendations on a kibble dispenser that isn't a ball, for use in a crate (bed at one end, couple of feet square to play in). I like the idea of the Nina Ottenson puzzles but they're really expensive. I keep wasting money on treat dispensers that turn out to have holes that are too small for the kibble to come out, so would appreciate any recommendations.
    Thanks

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

There is the Buster dog maze

Have you also seen the Kong woobler

https://www.kongcompany.com/en-uk/products/for-dogs/interactive-toys/wobbler/wobbler/

Or the Busy buddy twist and treat that comes in various sizes and you can make it easier or harder to get the kibble out of

3. The Wilsonator

The Wilsonator PetForums Newbie

PetPlanet sells some of the iQuties puzzles, which are a cheaper version of the Nina Ottonson :) upload_2017-2-27_7-3-11.png

4. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Kong Wobbler, Tug a Jug, Bob a Lot, all of these have holes however. One of the beauties of Orijen, it is so small it suits all dispensers. :)

5. Doglover17

Doglover17 PetForums Newbie

Has anyone got advice about good toys / activities for people working from home with a bouncy puppy? I was pleased to combine working and having a dog, but Milo is getting more and more bouncy (as well a gorgeous). He is nearly a year now and loves his long walks through the fields. But then in between the walks he tears around the garden chewing and digging up things he shouldn't: sucks dog treats out of dog toys in a minute or two, plays with then gets bored with all his bones and toys (be has a bucket of toys that he can dig through and play with any time) then jumps on my knee or continually nose bumps me while I am trying to work. We go to dog obedience classes, but it seems the answer to proper dog obedience is to live in a large family where people can take it in turns to continually teach a range of tricks. Some of us are single dog parents however.......

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Rather than looking to stimulate him more, try teaching him to settle.

7. tealover

tealover PetForums Junior

How do you teach a settle please?

8. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

tealover likes this.
  9. Doglover17

Doglover17 PetForums Newbie

My puppy is improving. He is learning "settle". Like everything with him, this revolves around regular responses. I started by putting up an open hand to him when I was about to eat or work. At the same time I said "settle" and turned away and ignored him. Now when I say "settle" he stomps off and goes to sleep.

10. tealover

tealover PetForums Junior

thank you so much!

11. OliverChi

OliverChi PetForums Newbie