UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took them both back for their checks tonight expecting vets to be pleased with them both. WRONG!!!

It seems Keshet may have been a little too energetic afterwards and may have a hernia. Vet is hoping though it is just swelling and may go down after a little cage rest and some metacam. So madam is sulking in a very small cage [sadly the only one I could get]. She has to go back on Thursday or earlier if we are worried :(

Has anyone got any tips for keeping a 20 week old kitten happy whilst on cage rest????????

At the moment she is quiet but she was not at all happy earlier, and was rattling her cage bars like a convict behind bars!

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
sorry to hear this and i do hope all will be ok.
all i can suggest is put afew toys in and cover the cage, i find if you cover them up they tend to go to sleep. thats what we do with new rescue babies.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both :).

Within about a minute of putting Keshet in her cage she had spilt the water all over litter tray & bed :(. Managed to get hold of our cat sitter as I knew her boy was run over a few years ago and broke his pelvis :( Following that like me she started off with a too small cage from vets which didn't give enough space between food/bed/litter. Luckily she then bought a dog crate which she still had :)

Madam is now ensconced in her new des res and doing a rather pathetic wegie woo [most of my wegies don't miaow they woo :D]

Have put an old curtain over the top of the cage and hoping that will help - thanks for that tip CC :)

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Sending lots of healing vibes for Keshet, I hope she's back to her normal self soon and that it's just swelling. Get well soon, darling! :001_wub:

(I love the thought of her 'wooing', too, how adorable!!)

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keshet appreciates all the get well vibes :)

She doesw seem to be a lot happier already in this bigger cage. She has just discovered one of the benefits of her des res:-

No one else can steal her Thrive treats :)

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
she's fine thanks! left home at 7 this morning and got home at 6.30. Was expecting Keshet to have trashed her cage. Not a bit of it. The water wasn't spilt, her food had all been eaten, her bedding hadn't even been messed up!!!!!

On the downside things seemed a little bit more swollen :( Off to the vets we go and she sees two vets [as she did last night]. I think its because she is so pretty they all want cuddles:D However the good news is that it isn't a hernia its fluid. She had that drained [and didn't even woo once :D]

She's back in her cage and is perfectly happy in her zooplus scratch den.

She's is a little star :thumbup1:

·
Don't do nothing. Do something.
7,159 Posts
Glad to hear she is settling down, and hope it just takes a couple more days to sort it out. It must be a big cage if it has a scratch den in it and a tray! :)

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,471 Posts
she's fine thanks! left home at 7 this morning and got home at 6.30. Was expecting Keshet to have trashed her cage. Not a bit of it. The water wasn't spilt, her food had all been eaten, her bedding hadn't even been messed up!!!!!

On the downside things seemed a little bit more swollen :( Off to the vets we go and she sees two vets [as she did last night]. I think its because she is so pretty they all want cuddles:D However the good news is that it isn't a hernia its fluid. She had that drained [and didn't even woo once :D]

She's back in her cage and is perfectly happy in her zooplus scratch den.

She's is a little star :thumbup1:
Excellent news ,hope she is soon out of the cage and back to her happy self :)

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well had to take Madam back to vets last night and there was more fluid :mad: Apparently with some cases this happens and if it was drained again it would only build up again :mad:. Vet says now its a case of letting Mother nature heal and keeping the little love quiet. She is still in the cage and will be for about another week. Apart from the fact her scratch den has been trashed she has been as good as gold.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.