Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kerbside recycling

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by westie~ma, Nov 21, 2012.

1. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Our council give out bags to put everything in, we have to sort it into different bags its time consuming but the right thing to do so I do it.

I'm the only one in this house that does it, but thats a different story :rolleyes:

So we're doing work on the house and I needed bags to bag up our clothes do I used my council ones, I will reuse them for their intended purpose eventually. Well I came down to the red strip in the roll that tells the binmen to leave me more bags this morning and after doing their rounds, they hadn't left new bags :(

I phoned the council office to tell them I still need new bags and how do I go about getting them before my next collection, chap on the phone tells me he will report the crew, I don't want them reported just my bags, standard procedure.

I feel awful now that the crew will get a telling off, my new bags will be here in 7 to 10 working days, why so long? Normal procedure apparently :rolleyes:

So sorry my binman crew, just wanted more bags :eek: :huh:

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Isnt there anywhere you can get them from? All my local librarys keep a stock of standard recycling bags (as well as poo bags!). Although trying to get hold of brown bags for garden waste proved impossible.....council office said library had them, library said council offices had them!:rolleyes: I ended up sneaking bits of plant in with the other rubbish!LOL:D

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

We have plastic boxes and bags from our council.

Black bags for house rubbish
    Green bags for green garden stuff
    Blue box for paper
    Green box for plastic and glass.

4. fire-siamesekitty

fire-siamesekitty PetForums VIP

Thats exactly what we get

5. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

we are semi-rural so have grey bin = blackbags filled with general household.
    Brown bin = garden waste
    Green box = glass
    red waxy bag = cardboard etc

Recently they scrapped the green box so all recyclable paper ,glass , etc goes in red bag

Bin and bag emptied weekly
    Garden waste we have to request a pick up

I don't think your binmen will get in trouble , please don't worry yourself

Ive seen some council recycling procedures for house holders and what a nightmare :(

6. Aidenlewis

Aidenlewis PetForums Newbie

Recycling is really important today with the help of recycling we easily save our natural resources for the future generation.

7. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Can you go on line and just order them from your council's website or a library

Most authorities, have a report/request page it could very well be that they had actally run out of them on the lorry.

For us, we have

A green bin - general waste
    A brown bin - recycling
    A smaller green food bin
    Heavy duty greem bags for garden recycling

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice