Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kennel Cough - RSPCA

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lor42x, Sep 2, 2013.

1. lor42x

lor42x PetForums Junior

We're in the process of adopting a 4 month old pup from the RSPCA and I was just wondering do they vaccinate against kennel cough as standard or is this something we would have to look into when the time comes? It's on my list of questions to ask them but just wanted to post to see if anyone knows from experience on here :)

2. Karly82

Karly82 PetForums Junior

All dogs in from the RSPCA are vaccinated from kennel cough straight away so your new puppy will already have the vaccine. I recommend keeping this up to date as well especially if your puppy is to come into contact with other dogs whilst out walking.

Congratulations on the new puppy as well :)

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Assuming that all branches operate the same policy, my youngest who was from the RSPCA was fully vaccinated including kennel cough, and also was wormed and de-flead up to date and micro chipped too. Usually they neuter or spay but as she was a very young pup I was given a neutering voucher instead, and got her spayed when old enough.

4. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy PetForums VIP

Best to ask. My RSPCA dogs weren`t. They asked me to sort out the vax / microchip and they would pay towards it.
    Branches are all independent, so best to ask.

5. lor42x

lor42x PetForums Junior

We've been told she's fully vaccinated & has already been spayed so would assume kennel cough has been covered as well but will be sure to double check!

6. cbrookman

cbrookman PetForums VIP

What a shame to spay a poor dog at this age.
    With regard to KC I can see the need in kennel situation but have found that the only time my dogs have ever caught KC is after being given the vaccine :(

7. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

I only give KC as it is required by our (brilliant) kennels otherwise wouldn't bother. He has got it anyway, it is like the flu jab...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice