Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kennel cough/respiratory infection

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Ozzy2014, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Ozzy2014

Ozzy2014 PetForums Newbie

3 of my dogs caught either kennel cough or a respiratory infection a fortnight ago. I've isolated them from the pack etc, disinfected the van on several occasions. Then at the tail end of last week another 2 dogs from my pack has had it. I've did the same thing again. I've managed to keep it on my morning walk and haven't mixed any of the dogs between different runs.

I've informed all my clients so they are aware there is a risk involved at the moment. I've spoken to a local vet to gain advice and followed it vigorously.

Any other advice is appreciated.

2. Beverley McIntyre

Beverley McIntyre PetForums Newbie

Kennel cough is airborne therefore it can be difficult to identify where it originated. I recommend all my customers get their dogs vaccinated against the disease as my own dog caught it as a pup however now I look back I know exactly where he caught it. A coughing dog at ring craft. I hope all your dogs are up & running soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice