UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need tips on keeping my pup amused whilst we rest his leg. Any Ideas? :confused:

Kongs & raw hide chews arent lasting 5 minutes!

We are seeing some improvement now so im scared of him undoing the healing. Everytime he moves it has to be a run or skip he just cant sit still. Ive tried caging him but that just makes him more excited when he is let out for toilet breaks!

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stuff the Kong with something like Salmon Mousse (Fish4Dogs) & then pop it in the freezer. Once frozen take out & allow to thaw just a little & then give to your puppy. He'll spend ages licking it out.:)

Why does he need to rest?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i do that with banana but he finishes it in minutes. Greedy puppy!

He's been limping, the vet thinks is a possible ACL tear but most likely a bad sprain, he's on Anti-inflammatories and needs major rest. Its just so hard!

G

·
It must be so much harder with a youngster, the trouble is, you cannot keep giving food items, as this will pile on the weight and put the healing at risk.
Have you got baby gates up to restrict to one room?
I think it's best to try to get some chew toys if your pup likes them

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Stuff the Kong with something like Salmon Mousse (Fish4Dogs) & then pop it in the freezer. Once frozen take out & allow to thaw just a little & then give to your puppy. He'll spend ages licking it out.:)

Why does he need to rest?
freeze watery broth in a kong, very few calories.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a nightmare!!

I never thought of putting a gate on a door way :eek:

Although i have one on the bottom of the stairs to keep him from running up. He sleeps upstairs with us so looks like ill have to carry him upstairs. I dont think stair climbing is good on his knee.

G

·
Have a word with your vet about hydrotherapy, at least you could get some exercise for him, and that may alleviate the worst of the frustration

G

·
Heya, I hope ur pup gets well soon. I found keeping my bitch in her cage more with a chew toy helped when she was poorly after being spayed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.