Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Keeping Cats off Cars

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by slash, Mar 25, 2011.

1. slash

slash PetForums Member

Hi All,
    Wondering if anybody has found a good way to get their cat to stay off their car? Slash jumps on one then jumps to the next one!
    I've done a bit of reading on t'interweb and all the suggestions are about keeping cats away for a specific radius.
    I don't want to keep Slash away, I just want to keep him off the cars!
    Any advice greatfully received as it is really starting to get to my OH.
    Thanks

2. Erm! I have news for you! it aint only the cats!
    :eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files:

3. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

I know people sometimes have an issue about cats jumping on cars because they "scratch" the car. I can't see how a cat can scratch a car: it's not as if they rake their claws over the paint surface. I mean, birds poop on cars, rain falls on cars, stones clip cars and shopping trolleys bump them???? :confused::confused:

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

When ours were outdoor cats they only ever slept on the neighbours cars (I think its because they were black, so they were warmer) I never managed to stop them doing it and the neighbours werent happy:eek:.

5. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

I just love the pic :D My Scamp has never been a car sitter but other cats use my car to jump on to the fence next to it, never bothered me luckily and never had any damage :)

6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Why? :confused1: I have cats,foxes,birds all using my car as a launch pad and or/for target practice.The only thing that it causes is the flippin' alarm to go off at daft'o'clock :incazzato::lol::lol:

7. That particular dog loves the cars, thinkshe has it in her little head that is she is on or in the car then there is more chance of her being taken when you go out!

My aviator shows her
    and here's another of her on it!!

Attached Files:

8. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Smart move on her part then :D She's a lovely looking dog by the way and it looks like she takes up most of the bonnet.

9. slash

slash PetForums Member

He does manage to scratch the car and also has the dirtiest paws in the world which is why I would prefer he doesn't do it.
    Thanks anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice