Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kc registration

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Lucy Briers, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Lucy Briers

Lucy Briers PetForums Newbie

Hi I am attempting to choose my dogs kennel name. I was wondering if any experienced registrants can help me??

If I wanted a litter to bear my kennel name would all pups have same name for example if my kennel name was Monday would all pups be something like Monday - Tuesdays child etc or I’m confused at all the rules. Thanks in advance!

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I had my own Affix years ago when I was showing and breeding which was Westbeck.

If you wish the Affix to be registered in your name, so that nobody else can use it, you have to apply to the Kennel Club to register an Affix. From memory, I think they ask you to choose three and they decide which you have.

Any pups you breed out of a bitch owned by you will then be registered with your Affix but you choose their names.

Kicksforkills likes this.
  3. Lucy Briers

Lucy Briers PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your reply. When you say affix is that the kennel name? It’s so confusing

4. Kicksforkills

Kicksforkills PetForums VIP

Yes Affix is kennel name.

You can apply online!

Your pups would be Monday <insert name here>

You can choose the rest of their name. Some breeders let the new owners choose.

You don’t have to put more than one choice on there but it may speed up the process.

If granted, a certificate will be sent to you. However, your kennel name is not in the clear yet as it goes into the Journal for anyone to object to. The KC advise to keep it secret until two weeks after publication of this.

https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/registration/kennel-names/

It costs £70 then annual maintenance. (you get a year’s maintenance when you are granted it)

Hope this helps!

#4 Kicksforkills, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  5. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Yes.

Anyone can use an Affix, but if you want to be the only one who can, then you register it with the Kennel Club.

Then, any pups you breed will be registered with your Affix at the beginning of their registered name.

6. Watty1989

Watty1989 PetForums Newbie

Hello I bought a french bulldog about 7 month ago nearly 3 years old now. The person I bought her off gave me a transfer of ownership form with the unique code I had to input into the KC website but when I did this it said that this code had already been used I tried getting in touch with the person who sold me her but got no reply is there anything I can do as when she has her litter I will not be able to register them..... is there anything I can do about this????
    First time buyer of a dog so bit naive I suppose

7. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I think you need to speak to someone at the Kennel Club.

It's a little worrying that you had this response from them. It may be an innocent mistake, but it is also possible that the Breeder may have given you papers belonging to another pup.

If your puppy has been registered with the K. C. by her breeder, then there should be no reason at all why you can't transfer ownership.

niamh123 likes this.
  8. Watty1989

Watty1989 PetForums Newbie

Will Kennel Club be able to get in contact with the registered owner to see why they have gave me the wrong paperwork?

9. David C

David C PetForums Senior

no you will have to sort that out yourself. When you bought the pup did the breeder give you the pups registration form with the pups registered name on and DOB etc? If so then you should be able to transfer the pup into your name online. If not then you need to go back to the breeder and ask them for the KC registration papers for the pup.

10. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

In Hungary very often all of the puppies of a FCI registered litter will be given the names all starting with the first letter of the alphabet.

For example my Shar-Pei because she was the 6 th litter her owner had bred (not all from the same parents) all the puppies had names beginning with G. My girl's FCI name name was Phanatic Hungary Georgina, one of her brothers was called George and her sister Gina.

Similarly my Mini Schnauzer's litter, whose breeder had been breeding them for 20 year all had names beginning with W. My boy's FCI name is Hejoligeti Wembly aka Gwylim.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice