Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

KC Papers issue!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Phoenix4sndndn, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Phoenix4sndndn

Phoenix4sndndn PetForums Newbie

I bought my dog well over a year now, she was KC registered and the seller was local to me. Due to lockdown they papers were very delayed so all buyers had puppies before papers. All other owners have received theirs, but me. I have spoken to KC and they said I can send off my proof of purchase and all the kc confirmation for my dog the breeder sent me. But they said since me purchasing the dog my girls KC papers have been put into another new name?! Not breeders and not mine. Is there anything I can do? Any advice

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

So far as I can fathom, the only way this could have happened would be if the Breeder had bred more pups of the same breed as yours, and given one of them the same name as yours, or, if someone else has registered a puppy, using the same affix.

Does the Breeder have a registered affix? If so, the Kennel Club should not have accepted someone else using it. If your Breeder uses an affix which is not registered to her, then it's permissable for someone else to use it.

The only person who can really sort this out is the Breeder. You bought your pup as registered and, as something has clearly gone wrong with the registration, it is her responsibility.

niamh123 likes this.
  3. Phoenix4sndndn

I know the breeder bred the mother 6 months after the litter my girl came from. So I thought maybe he’s given my papers to somebody else. But it would say the date of birth wouldn’t it.. very strange and very frustrating! Breeder unresponsive and Getting nowhere in trying to sort this through KC.

4. Phoenix4sndndn

I know the breeder bred the mother 6 months after the litter my girl came from. So I thought maybe he’s given my papers to somebody else. But it would say the date of birth wouldn’t it.. very strange and very frustrating! Breeder unresponsive and Getting nowhere in trying to sort this through KC.

5. edinoodle

edinoodle PetForums Member

The breeder might not have registered the second litter and has given your papers to someone else? They clearly aren't ethical breeding the bitch with back to back seasons :( The KC website says this:

My bitch has had two litters within a 12-month period. Can I register the litter?
    We do not endorse this and would recommend that at least a year is given between litters. We do understand that sometimes accidents can happen or a bitch can have irregular seasons. In such circumstances, a second application will be accepted. Breeders who breed more than four litters per year must be licensed by their local authority. Breeders with fewer litters must also be licensed if they are carrying out a business of breeding dogs for sale.

According to The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018, licence holders in England must ensure that no bitch:

• is mated if aged less than 12 months
    • gives birth to more than one litter of puppies in a 12-month period
    • gives birth to more than six litters of puppies in total
    • is mated if she has had two litters delivered by caesarean section.

edit: I missed your point about the DOB, you're right the papers would have your dogs DOB

Burrowzig and Lurcherlad like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice