Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kc names? naming puppies you have breed

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Blissful Dog Groomer, May 10, 2010.

1. Blissful Dog Groomer

Blissful Dog Groomer PetForums Member

Hi was just wondering if anyone knew if you can put the kc registered name of you dog on the name of any puppies your bitch may have for example my bitches name is Tiblha Zinnia she was named by the breeder i got her from can i put this name like Tiblha Zinnia's summer dream ? or this name in any part of the puppies names thanks alot suzanne

2. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I went through this you have to apply for an affix.. And I think then pay each year too keep it..

I wanted to use my horses name in each puppy they said you can't use the same name more than once.

So possibly you could use the name once.. In the end I used family names and then changed them to German.. Apart from the pup I kept Bridget.. who is Hayley's Shytalk...

hope that helps..

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

If you apply for an affix of your own then you could use part of the name but if Tiblha is her breeders affix then no you can't use that part. You could call a pup Zinnia's summer dream. You could try to see if Zinnia is available as an affix then all your pups would have a connection to you.

4. Blissful Dog Groomer

Ok thanks for your help it would be nice to have a connection with the pups in that way :) im going to give them a call and have a word about cost an applying for an affix thankyou:thumbup:

5. cat43

cat43 PetForums Member

the application is £70 and you can do it online through the KC website, but you do have to wait for aproval, incase your name is too similar to someone elses, so you need to have back up choices

6. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

You could always use alternative bits... for instance my boys name is Ammolitegold Brazen For Loweherz.
    Ammolitegold and Loweherz are affixes so these can't be used... (in this instance) but I could compile a list of things I call McCartney, so I could have:

McCartneys First Born
    Cartys Little Man
    Brazen Hussy (If the KC were to allow this one)
    Golden Wonder
    Rose Gold
    Bergie Bear

All these are names associated with McCartney in one way or another.

7. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

Quick tip, do the kennel affix application online and just give the one option... the name that you really want. But I would check online first to see if there would be any conflicts.

That what we did and we had our name instantly ;)

Just checked for you and there are no conflicts with Zinnia :D

#7 shazalhasa, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  8. Emma Kuma

Emma Kuma PetForums Member

OT but i just had to share my little Kuma's KC Name:

Kumatomos Cover Girl :) I love love love it :) :thumbup:

9. cat43

cat43 PetForums Member

bummer wish youd posted this yesterday lol, i spent an hour this morning adding and deleting 2nd and 3rd choices.
    never mind its submitted now so i just have to cross my fingers and wait

10. Blissful Dog Groomer

I think it sounds a great idea and glad they dont have the zinnia used but im just wondering do you think its worth the £70 then £17 every year if were only having this one litter or may one more in a year or so do you think its more worth while for someone breeding a few bitches and more often, would it be better just to go for a theme then just stay in touch with the new owner if possible, my husband thinks its quite alot and were not rich lol so just wondered what other peoples thought were again lol thankyou x

also it will always say that we breed the pup wont it?

11. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

An affix is like your signature. For those successful in the ring are easily identified as being tied to you, similarly bad dogs are also easily identified as being bred by you. I personally don't think £70 is a lot to pay when considering the expense in the whole breeding process and health tests. The £70 is just a drop in the ocean compared to the rest. :)

12. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

More OT, but Kuma is also the Japanese word for "bear". I thought you'd called her that because of her japanese heritage.

13. Emma Kuma

Emma Kuma PetForums Member

Thats exactly why we called her Kuma :) we researched and found the japanese word for bear :)

14. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

We did our affix before breeding as we wanted to put our name on the dogs we already had to make them 'ours' when showing.

If someone who buys a pup from you in the future wanted to have a go at showing it then yes it would say in the catalogue (bred by Blissful Dog Groomer) ?? but when the critiques appear in the dog papers it's the owners name they use not the breeder.

15. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

i applied for my affix 3 weeks ago - still waiting :(

16. Blissful Dog Groomer

Ok thanks for all the help i will hopefully doing this i would apply now but i will have to wait and see what my husband decides he thinks its a good idea and like the sound of it its just having the money right this min, wed have to wait til the end of the month but i think im going to do it :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice