Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

KC accredited breeder but not breeing KC reg breed?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Starlite, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Is it just me that thinks it makes no sense??

Doing my nosy, wont put on a link as I dont want to bump their ad up but here's a quote from the it

KC Accredited breeder (KCAB folders can not be given as the pups are not KC registered, but the same quality and care goes into every litter bred by us).

2. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

I would report them tbh...it doesn't cost much to register a litter and if they're on the ABS then they are most likely hiding something from the KC and should not be breeding!

3. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

They arent breeding a KC recognised breed tho, that's the thing!

Yet another wolf lookalike "breed" that's sprung up :rolleyes:

4. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Please report the advert to the ABS team, hopefully they will look into it, and if it is someone who's a member of the ABS who has bred the dogs, then they should be struck off:

Policing the Kennel Club Accredited Breeder Scheme - The Kennel Club

5. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Reported it :)

6. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

good ! i've reported 2 breeders too, let me know if you get a reply from KC all i got was a thanks lol

7. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

and another today .......................

8. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

There's someone on champdogs that breeds two breeds and a designer mix but says they're in the ABS just reported them

9. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

so i've reported them . asked the KC if you could check that the breeder is an AB ( i do know you can!) and they sent me this reply
    KC ...........Yes - you can check the lists of KC accredited breeders via our website. KCABs who breed crossbreeds are not allowed to use the scheme to promote that kind of breeding and we ask them to ensure that all the breeding stock is health tested as befits each breed parent and that they abide by the scheme rules including the registration by using the KC Activity register/

Find breeders of puppies registered with the Kennel Club

so am i reading this right ? they are allowed to sell crossbreeds but not put that they are AB in their ads?

10. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Just refreshed myself of the requirements as listed on the KC's website, and nowhere does it specify you aren't allowed to breed cross breeds, but alludes to progeny being pedigree with requirements for endorsements etc to be explained :confused:

I know Swarthy's a member of the ABS, don't know of anyone else who is, hopefully a member will post with a bit more insight??

11. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

i asked them if they would be looking into the breeder and this was their reply

If you let us have the name of the breeder then I can check to see if she is listed as a scheme member. If she is a member and you feel that the scheme rules have been broken then you need to come to us with specifics so we can look into it.

12. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

this was my reply

Thank you for providing this information, the advertisement does cause us some concern.

Unfortunately we are unable to trace the breeder from the information provided. Are you able to provide any further details of who the breeder is?

Any assistance you are able to provide would be most welcome

are they serious?! Ive emailed the breeder to try and get more info but I fail to see why I should chase it tbh, I thought that was their job :rolleyes:

13. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

starlite i agree . i provided them with copies of both adverts which clearly stated the breeders phone number, and area she lived ,we're talking a breed not huge in registrations for the year, surely they could have checked it out.

14. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

Update , had a email from kc asking where breeder states they are ab's , duhhhhh in the first ruddy email i sent them.

15. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

i had no reply from the "breeder", but have emailed the KC back asking why they expect me to find out information if they cant, see what they say.

16. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

well i gave them breeders telephone number doesn't take a brain surgeon to look at their AB's list to see if they are on it or not!!! (which they ain't)

17. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Im not a fan of the KCAB scheme anyway, I think it supports commercial breeders TBH - accolades for breeding lots of litters :rolleyes: Certainly in my breeds I have noticed that breeders who are considered to be puppy farmers by those within the breed are Accredited Breeders, and no doubt sell an awful lot of their puppies by impressing potential owners with this :rolleyes:

I see it as nothing more than a money making scheme for the KC.

18. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

got this reply from KC today now they have ALL details needed to act and yet still asking for;-

Thank you - if someone is referring to themselves as a KC Accredited Breeder but they are not a member of the scheme then we would of course look into it. I cannot find any name on this advert - what was the link with ****which was the name that you asked me to check.

?????????? i give up

19. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

very few breeders of my breed have joined , most on the list are people who breed and don't show.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice